BBP Industries Backpack and The North Face

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jpelfrey90, Jun 20, 2010.

1. jpelfrey90 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just recently received my first ever 13" MacBook Pro. I am planning on pursuing a major in Computer Science and am looking for a backpack that will allow me to carry at least two or three large books and my laptop to and from school. I realize that there are numerous posts about backpacks and I have read as many of them as I could find and have narrowed it down to two:

My personal favorite is the BBP Industries Backpack. What I like about this one is the protection that it provides for the laptop and its looks. My biggest concern for this bag is that it might not be big enough to carry all the things I need at once.

The other is The North Face Surge (or Recon). I like the size and looks of this bag but I am concerned about the lack of protection. Also I don't believe there is any padding for the laptop and Im not sure if the bag material would scratch it or not.

If anyone has experience with these bags I would love to hear your opinions about my concerns.

Thanks alot for your help!

2. dolphindolphin macrumors regular

I have a BBP Industries for my i7 mpb. The laptop pocket fits my computer with a Booq Taipan skin very well, so you may want to stick the included extra padding in the pocket for your 13inch. I can fit around 2-3 textbooks or 2 textbooks and one binder/notebook.

Feel free to ask more questions.

3. jpelfrey90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot that was exactly what I was looking for!

4. dolphindolphin macrumors regular

My pleasure, and welcome to MacRumors!

5. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

I've got the recon, and it's been a great bag for lugging my 15" MBP and many books long distances. It's got plenty of pockets and wears "light" when full.

+1 for the North Face Recon and it's nearly 2000 cubic inches of Storage!

Coachingguy

6. iamvexed macrumors member

I was in a very similar situation when trying to decide between the bbp and a northface bag. After checking out a northface surge in a store and being unimpressed, I went with the bbp. I love it. Terrific bag, and there's plenty of space!

This is not to say the northface bags aren't good bags. They just didn't blow me away. The bbp has.