Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

One of the new iPhone apps that was demoed at the iPhoneLaunchParty last night was bChamp by Monodomo. bChamp is a beat-boxing application that allows you to use your iPhone as a beat-boxing device. It's hard to describe so we'll start with this developer video that shows you the basics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwzi2vyj59M

The pitch of the sounds can also be changed by moving your finger on the screen. Steve Wozniak was at the iPhone Launch Party and tried his hand at bChamp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd8HwmFZuaE

bChamp is available in the App Store for $0.99.

App Store Link: bChamp, $0.99

Article Link: bChamp: Beat Boxing App, Steve Wozniak Gives it a Try

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
At first I was very skeptical and thought 'what a waste of time' and 'why in the heck is this on the homepage of MacRumors,' but upon watching the first Youtube video, I thought 'that's actually pretty cool ... for someone that knows what they are doing.' I just hope nobody gets in a car accident and gets killed because of this.

medicrx

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2009
It does look like an interesting app...

BUT i think Mr. Wozniak is the real news here... Did anyone notice how uncomfortable he looked? "Oh, this is so fun" he said. LIES!!!

While it may be fun, I don't think Mr. Wozniak will be using it too much. LOL

ipoppy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
UK
Its a pile of c**p for me if someone asking. Strangely enough, however, it will find use amongs folks like in here.
:D
Ps. Yeap...she knows how to move her mouths ;)

pettit03

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2009
I was so pumped for this app but it seems you have to be a beat-boxer to get it to work. Random sounds that make no sense. I think the dev could make some cool clicks and assumed that everyone could make them. Looks like an app that the dev made for himself.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.