Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pixel_junkie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2015
Make sure you like/want what you're buying from them because you WILL NOT get refunded for your purchase even-though they state "free returns", 24/7 service - its all BS. Their cust. service number is not operational either.

It isn't about the money so much or the time I wasted writing multiple emails to them. I just despise ultra greedy companies like that. Make probably 5000% profit per case but they have to keep every dime at any cost even if it means being shady with their post purchase service.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Make sure you like/want what you're buying from them because you WILL NOT get refunded for your purchase even-though they state "free returns", 24/7 service - its all BS. Their cust. service number is not operational either.

It isn't about the money so much or the time I wasted writing multiple emails to them. I just despise ultra greedy companies like that. Make probably 5000% profit per case but they have to keep every dime at any cost even if it means being shady with their post purchase service.
That’s a shame. This was a similar issue I had with Mous

Reactions: LordEntropy

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Credit card chargeback?

Sometimes I find just an email saying you're giving them 7 days or you'll do a chargeback triggers them into doing it - in this case the cost of the chargeback to them is probably more than the cost price of the case!
[doublepost=1526458729][/doublepost]Or... tweet them! The publicity of bad customer services makes companies more responsive over twitter ;)

https://twitter.com/TotalleeCase/with_replies

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Credit card chargeback?

Sometimes I find just an email saying you're giving them 7 days or you'll do a chargeback triggers them into doing it - in this case the cost of the chargeback to them is probably more than the cost price of the case!
[doublepost=1526458729][/doublepost]Or... tweet them! The publicity of bad customer services makes companies more responsive over twitter ;)

https://twitter.com/TotalleeCase/with_replies

Agree. Although I tried contacting a company, who were active on Twitter. It was a simple question about whether the sun glasses they sold were UVA / UVB and they never responded. Which is odd as they basically lost at least one sale because of that. Agree though that publicly shaming them is the best way.

Reactions: AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I requested an order cancelation within 1 hour of the order. I sent 2 emails as per their requested protocols. I didn’t hear back for 72 hours and at that point they shipped the item. I was advised that they would reimburse me the item once they received it but only would reimburse the least expensive return shipping cost. Ironically there is no tracking on that shipping.

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
I requested an order cancelation within 1 hour of the order. I sent 2 emails as per their requested protocols. I didn’t hear back for 72 hours and at that point they shipped the item. I was advised that they would reimburse me the item once they received it but only would reimburse the least expensive return shipping cost. Ironically there is no tracking on that shipping.

With Mous I found they were pretty good at responding to messages on Facebook messenger.

Reactions: AE14

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I had an issue with garbage customer service from Evutec. I'm still not sure they are a working company or they were bought up by another company and just selling off what they have left cause they've been out of stock of their carbon case for awhile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.