Be Careful With Health App

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by wolfpackfan, Oct 2, 2014.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I've been storing my blood glucose readings for the last three weeks in the Health app. My doctor has me bringing these readings into him every three months for monitoring. This morning went into the app and all my readings have vanished. Have no idea where they are or what happened. Thank goodness I have a backup in my meter and can go back in and re-enter them. Very disappointed in this app.

2. cricet1998 macrumors newbie

What app are you using to get your gluclose data into the Health app?

3. anarche macrumors member

anarche

The HealthKit app sucks so bad, it should be put out of its misery.

Try resetting the iPhone and you should get the data back, but always rely on the source for the data, not on HealthKit.

4. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I wouldn't rely on something this new for such critical information. I'm not making excuses for Apple either. Unfortunately their software has been really buggy lately and I hope they get their act together.

5. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Are you manually entering the data or connected via device? As far as I know there is no device yet capable of this

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

It's the first iteration of their health app. I'll give them some time prior to consider it as a reliable software solution, especially for health critic data.

7. bradkrischel macrumors 6502

Is there data still stored in "Show All Data" or is that completely empty too? maybe it's just not displaying the data. I had that issue before with steps, but a hard reset made the data show up again.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

But that is the thing, this is a medical app. It should work from the first iteration to the consumers. If there is a new xray machine you want it to work right from the first time which is why medical things take a long time to be tested and approved. IF apple wants to get in on this market they have to get things right if the general public has access to the app. The average consumer will start using it from the first iteration.

As an MD I find the current state and issues w the health app ridiculous and should have been branded as a beta software so that the consumer knows and is willing to take the risks w it instead of a completed app.

9. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

I am entering it directly into Health app.

----------

When I pull up Show All Data, I just get a little spinner and nothing ever shows. I haven't done a hard reset yet. That will probably fix it. I'm just not going to depend on the app. I had been using a Numbers spreadsheet and will just go back to it.

10. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Dude, maybe you're dead!

I might use the app if the type wasn't so damn tiny!

For hundreds of years, publishing has figured out what size type to use. Now, we get the iPhone and all that is thrown out the window... type small like on the back of a pill bottle. Retarded.

11. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

The health app is insanely buggy as well as its interactions with other apps. Apple really needs to stop the nonsense and tighten up their software. The saying "it just works" no longer applies

12. PN4 macrumors member

PN4

I've said it in another thread.. Imagine if Apple Pay has the same number of bugs and issues that Health has had.

I have no idea why Apple thought Health was ready for prime time. It can't even do the most basic task of keeping and showing user entered data.

13. Ries macrumors 68000

Background update of health data is broken, 8.1 fixes that.

14. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I think he is using Glucose Buddy app. But I am not sure it is Healthkit compatible?? :apple:

15. PN4 macrumors member

PN4

He said above ^ that he is entering the data directly into Health.

16. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Not only that

I've only used it for two days but it seems to "forget" the data from the previous day. All the steps I walked, all the floors I ascended.

It's also baffling - the whole tracking your sleep portion is pretty lame.

You have to enter when you're in bed with a start time and end time and then sleeping begin and end time.
    I am not confident it will retain this data.

In the dashboard I can select "week" or "month" or "year" and it just has the info from today not yesterday.

I think I'll keep using the "moves" app that I've been using for over a year and that remembers each day!

17. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Keeping data around in an app is something a high school kid can do. Maybe Apple should hire more high school kids. Oh yeah I forgot: Beats.

18. cookies! macrumors 6502

HealthKit also deletes my data every few days. Very frustrating.

19. Pagandeva2000 macrumors member

Pagandeva2000

I'm feeling the same way. Give it time and document the stats in several areas for backup. Every new system is buggy for a few weeks.

20. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

No, it still applies, but only in Cupertino. Elsewhere, your mileage may vary. :)

21. d.steve macrumors regular

I've been looked at the Health app every day for a few days just to take a look at it. Only steps/flights/Walk+Run.

Happened to look today and my dashboard was empty. Once I re-enabled the items, they showed up again with all of the past data.

Seems to be some bug caused the settings to be lost but not the data in my case.

22. ronline macrumors newbie

I know for me at least, the 8.0.2 update wiped all my data from the health app.

23. alazhaarp macrumors member

I once disabled an app to write data (I forget if the stored data was wiped shortly after or not) But when i re-enabled the app to write data, the data isn't coming back :(