Be careful...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by econoar, Aug 3, 2010.

1. econoar macrumors regular

I just bricked (hung at apple logo) my phone after installing some Cydia apps on my iPhone 4. I've always had my iPhone's jailbroken, and have never had any problems. After I had installed Wi-Fi sync, quick reply, and notifier, my 3G logo wasn't appearing so I did a network setting reset and now it's hung at the apple logo for over an hour, so I'm not sure which app it was, but just be sure to check for OS 4 compatability before you install apps.

I'm at work so I can't restore until I get home, but everything should go back to normal after doing a DFU restore. No biggie!

2. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

Stop using the term "bricked" when clearly your phone still turns on.

3. econoar thread starter macrumors regular

For the rest of today it is as useful as a brick to me.

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

+1,000,000

Many people are bricks.

5. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

Might as well call it tits on a bull then..... since those are just as useful. Just don't say bricked. Way overused.

6. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

how do you do the DFU mode. I attempted to jailbreak my friends mode and hers is stuck on the apple logo as well...How would i put into DFU?? Please help soon I need to get her phone back

7. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Hold sleep and home button for like ten seconds and release sleep button, but continue to hold home button. Tada