Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOS7 the way it is or iOS 6 design with iOS7 features?

• iOS 7 the way it is

Votes: 104 64.6%
  • iOS 6 design with iOS7 features.

Votes: 57 35.4%

• Total voters

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I would rather have an option to use the old design along with the new one, like how when you're using apps not designed for iOS 7 the iOS 6 keyboard appears instead.

Djay

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2009
Would you prefer iOS 7 the way it is now, or if it kept iOS 6 design (icons and skeumorphism) but had the same exact iOS 7 features like Control Center.

Ditch the faux leather and faux wood of iOS 6 UI and add the features of iOS 7 NICE!

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I love the new look. iOS 7 has an awesome, crisp, and clean look that I enjoy.

I agree, it's very fresh looking. I looked at my friends 4 on iOS6 and it's dull and lifeless and outdated looking. It's been outdated for like 3 years now.

I appreciate the less detail and more simplicity along with the brighter and whiter feel. Looks nice on my white 4S. :D

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
I hated all the faux looking apps of iOS6 so I'm really liking iOS7 being cleaner. I do wish music didn't display album art work so large though, makes it so I have to scroll more though the field. But perhaps we are just not use to that and in a month or two if we went back to the just text layout we would scream "Apple killed all the great album artwork and know if have to read every artist, this takes to long" haha. Music actually seems more like iTunes is now in my opinion. If I had to complain about iOS7 it would be that space could have been used more efficiently in my opinion; ie folds.

Alx9876

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2008
NorCal
I think they should do what Windows allows you to do and change the Theme to Classic, XP, or Windows 7 in the system settings.

It would be cosmetic only but everything would be current.

That would be the best flexibility.

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
I don't see anything wrong with the update. It's fresh, new look, and with more features and improvements. What more can one ask for?? :eek:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I would prefer iOS 6 UI with iOS 7 features. I feel like I'm using a phone with an Easter theme.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.