Be honest, who's bored with their new iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

After all, the new devices are just larger iPhones. Has the newness worn off for anyone yet? Have you started to let your mind wonder over to other devices yet? Be honest..... I have been playing with my S5 again.

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

The newness is not what keeps me using my phone. It is always nice to upgrade, but iOS is what keeps me around. I enjoy having my iPhone, iPad and Macbook (mostly) seamlessly working together.

3. flashflooder macrumors regular

I still stop and admire it from time to time. The design is really subtle and has grown on me a lot. In the end, though, it's just a phone. It does everything I need it to do (and does it well).

I was messing with my wife's 5S last night to fix something for her, and it feels like a toy in comparison.:eek:

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Be honest, who's bored with their new iPhones?

This is strange and suspicious. The S5 is also just a bigger and better S4 or S3. If you try to list the differences, one can also list differences between the iPhone 6 and 5 and 4. The differences are not as day and night, but neither are the ones with the S5 and S4.

"Be honest", what are you really trying to accomplish or justify?

5. deviant macrumors 65816

When I ordered i wasnn't even that excited. It's on its way from China, and i'm still not excited. I played with both at Apple Store. Are they cool? Yeah. Am i excited? Meh. I just need a new fast phone because my 4S is slowly dying. That's all. Don't get me wrong i love iPhones but i'm more excited to come home and find the dinner ready. Every evening. Now that's exciting. iPhones are just phones. I need one, but that's it.

6. Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

I admire how after using it this long, I have not had a single "app not responding" or random crash or glitch that I encountered from Android.

7. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

I am but just because I've gone through the betas since July. The newness of the phone itself was short-lived and the OS changes were already familiar.

I will re-enjoy SMS continuity once it comes back and also Apple Pay. So there are still things to get excited about.

8. HiRez, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I agree, let's face it, pretty much all phones nowadays are just a big screen with minor variations on the back of the case. Smartphone hardware quality is pretty high across the board these days and most phones have similar capabilities. The software is what makes it good or bad. That said, I really like Touch ID a lot, that is a hardware feature that really does make a daily difference (although I wish it let you capture more than 5 fingerprints). Definitely not "bored" with my 6 Plus yet! Loving it, but again, it would be boring without software.

9. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Why am I not surprised that your appeal for honesty ends with a thinly veiled ad for the S5?

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you need a phone operating system or user interface to entertain you, then you need some more meaning in your life.

A phone to me is a means to an end. It's useful if it works and has a natural flow to how the interface operates, but it alone doesn't "bore" me or keep me entertained. It's the things I put on there or access through that phone that keep busy.

OP, if you have an S5, why did you try the iPhone 6? Did Android "bore" you? And wat exactly will keep your attention?

11. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

My guess is there is something going on with him that has little to do with the phones.

12. deviant macrumors 65816

THIS. Can't like this enough. I don't care about the icons, i don't care how it works, i don't care what it does. I only care that when i need it, it's there. I don't have to do anything. I just use it.

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have never been bored with my iPhone
    I didn't buy it to entertain me
    I bought it to be productive, and it helps me accomplish that with apps that fit my workflow

Besides, the phone doesn't do anything... it is the OS and the apps
    The phone and the OS are just there to facilitate the use of the apps

I understand getting bored with games on the phone (I don't play any)
    Or getting bored with changing settings all the time (I don't do that either)

An iPhone is just a tool for me
    Like asking if I am bored with my hammer or screwdriver... nope

14. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Yes, but wouldn't you like a newer and bigger hammer every two years? :p

15. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Yeah my contract on Thor's hammer is almost up. Time for an upgrade.

16. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

17. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Sometimes a bigger version of the same thing makes all the difference, even if it's just another one or two inches.

18. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

That's why it's great. An iPad is essentially a giant iPhone. Who doesn't love their iPad?!

19. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

Lol i was bored with the iPhone 6 before i even opened the box, my sister got one on contract last week ie with a scratched screen out of the box, I got mine 64GB Friday while out shopping, didn't expect apple store to have any in but they did and came away with one even though i said i wasn't gonna buy one, talk about impulse buy :p & didn't even bother opening the box until an hour ago & I've still not set it up yet.

I might not even bother until 8.1 is launched later this month my 5S is still just as awesome as ever.:cool:

20. cymolia macrumors 6502a

I'm still jailbroken on 7.1.2. I never get tired of my iphone (iphone 5 that is )

21. GusHerb macrumors member

I was FAR more excited when the 5 came out then I was over the 6. For me the 5 meant LTE, screen improvement, prettier design, and a slew of other little things. For this one the screen size improvement was the main factor, everything else hardly mattered to me, I was about checked out of iOS before then due to the small screen I had been using my Nexus 5 for the month prior and wasn't missing iOS on a 4" screen at all.

22. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I've never been bored with my iPhones, even 23 months into my 24 month contract. Heck, i could still be using my 3G or 4 and still be happy. The phone works just fine and that's what I need it for. It's not a fashion accessory or something I use to make a statement with.

23. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

LOL, you guys are hilarious. I'm not trying to get at anything. Good grief, put your fists down, nobody is trying to start anything. I was just asking a question. Sorry, maybe I should start another "what is that dot in the upper lefthand corner of my screen?" thread. :rolleyes:

24. c.kwon macrumors newbie

Today I was using my iphone 6 plus and glanced over and saw my mini ipad. "Face palm" moment. The bigger screen is nice; not when another device that you already have is bigger.

25. rockitdog thread starter macrumors 68020

Man, you guys are drinking something today. I bought the iPhone 6 because I wanted to check it out. I'm a fan of mobile technology (all operating systems - and I write a mobile tech blog). I didn't realize asking such a question would be so offensive to the Apple faithful. I'm working on an article that steamed from a conversation I had with wireless carrier representative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.