Be honest, would you USE an Apple Tablet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dontwalkhand, Dec 28, 2009.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I own a MacBook
    I own an iMac
    I own an iPhone
    I own an iPod

From what I have seen, I would love one if it were a tablet Mac, but if its just a giant iPhone, I wouldn't bother with one. Where would a giant iPhone fit in my plethora of iDevices? I do not see how an Apple tablet would fit the needs of my lifestyle, and it seems very gimmicky to me.

A tablet Mac would however, be very nice, especially for Adobe Illustrator work.

2. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

If it can replace my Tv... yea.

3. Buzz Bumble Guest

I won't be using an Apple tablet ... but then I've got no use and don't own an iPod, iPhone, nor laptop either. :)

It looks like the tablet (which will be using the iPhone OS) is going to be a larger iPod Touch for ebooks / magazines and videos. With custom apps you'll also no doubt see it being used in other places where portability and easy-use is needed.

4. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

We don't even who what the tablet is like yet, so how can we judge if we would or not?

5. djellison macrumors 68020

From a purely 'lump of tech' point of view I don't know where it fits in. The rumoured sizes are all too big to just be in a pocket. And if it cant fit in my pocket then it's either sat at home (where my Macbook is) or in my laptop bag where....you guessed it.

I don't know where it fits in.

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Exactly.

I don't see much that excites me from the rumours I've heard so far but I'll keep an open mind and see what it can really do when (and if) it is officially announced.

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Agreed.

Speaking only for myself — even if the damn thing turns out to be just another Kindle or Nook I'll certainly buy one and use it every day night…

Insomnia's a bitch.

8. Buzz Bumble Guest

For me that's extremely easy since I have absolutely no use for a portable device of any sort (other than my wristwatch and a CD-RW disc / USB flash drive). :)

9. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

If it has the dual layer screen, it may be my first foray into e-books.

10. MTI macrumors 65816

So long as Apple doesn't limit the potential for a self contained web appliance to being merely a computer, and we as consumers don't use that model as the sole measuring stick . . . it could be really cool.

Past experience has shown that Apple is typically "late to the party" but manages to be a game changer. The iPod wasn't the first MP3 player, but it redefined what portable personal audio, and then visual, entertainment is. iPhone certainly wasn't the first smartphone. Each device was intially panned for lack of performance and features, but resonated with customers who "thought different."

11. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I wouldn't use it. I hate touchscreen. I quit using a computer of they all eventually go touchscreen without a mouse/touchpad and keyboard.

12. 123macman macrumors member

I like the idea of a touch screen computer but i would rather have a a touch screen laptop still with a track pad. I can not see when i would use a tablet.

13. ArrowSmith macrumors regular

BS alert! How does a 7-10" screen replace a 50-60" screen with Dolby 5.1 surround sond? Doh!

14. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

if its just like any other tablet computer i probably wont use it that much.

to be honest though. Ill most likely buy one anyway.........

15. MTI macrumors 65816

Perhaps this is the TV being replaced . . .

[​IMG]

Regardless, how may college dorms, studio apartments or public transportation venues can accomodate a 50-60" panel? Try taking that home theatre panel anywhere other than your home . . . really, doh?

16. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

That is about the only application category where a tablet device might perform nicely.

17. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

No!

18. gibbz macrumors 68030

You bet. One more Apple product to add to my lineup. I think if it incorporates many of the rumored content, I would happily use the tablet.

19. youbetcharaid macrumors newbie

I own a MacBook
    I own a MacPro
    I own an iPod touch

No I wouldn't want, need or have much use for a tablet.

20. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Clearly, you don't get out much.

21. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

All depends on how it works.

I'd love something more portable than my 15" MacBook Pro. Even more portable than an Air. I want something simple and small enough to carry with me (like a Kindle) but powerful enough to type on or surf the web (a larger, better iPhone).

22. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

no

i would use a mid range desktop though

comeon apple

23. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Only going to happen when Mr. Jobs is gone.

24. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

if someone bought it for me, then yes, it would be a fancy novelty, not much more, but i wouldnt part with however much Mr. Jobs wanted people to pay for it ;)

25. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Yes. This thing could change the face of consumer tech completely. It'll be huge.

Apple has a habit of making products you never knew you wanted.