Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I own a MacBook
I own an iMac
I own an iPhone
I own an iPod

From what I have seen, I would love one if it were a tablet Mac, but if its just a giant iPhone, I wouldn't bother with one. Where would a giant iPhone fit in my plethora of iDevices? I do not see how an Apple tablet would fit the needs of my lifestyle, and it seems very gimmicky to me.

A tablet Mac would however, be very nice, especially for Adobe Illustrator work.

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
I own a MacBook
I own an iMac
I own an iPhone
I own an iPod

From what I have seen, I would love one if it were a tablet Mac, but if its just a giant iPhone, I wouldn't bother with one. Where would a giant iPhone fit in my plethora of iDevices? I do not see how an Apple tablet would fit the needs of my lifestyle, and it seems very gimmicky to me.

A tablet Mac would however, be very nice, especially for Adobe Illustrator work.

If it can replace my Tv... yea.

Buzz Bumble

Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
I won't be using an Apple tablet ... but then I've got no use and don't own an iPod, iPhone, nor laptop either. :)

It looks like the tablet (which will be using the iPhone OS) is going to be a larger iPod Touch for ebooks / magazines and videos. With custom apps you'll also no doubt see it being used in other places where portability and easy-use is needed.

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
From a purely 'lump of tech' point of view I don't know where it fits in. The rumoured sizes are all too big to just be in a pocket. And if it cant fit in my pocket then it's either sat at home (where my Macbook is) or in my laptop bag where....you guessed it.

I don't know where it fits in.

MTI

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
So long as Apple doesn't limit the potential for a self contained web appliance to being merely a computer, and we as consumers don't use that model as the sole measuring stick . . . it could be really cool.

Past experience has shown that Apple is typically "late to the party" but manages to be a game changer. The iPod wasn't the first MP3 player, but it redefined what portable personal audio, and then visual, entertainment is. iPhone certainly wasn't the first smartphone. Each device was intially panned for lack of performance and features, but resonated with customers who "thought different."

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I wouldn't use it. I hate touchscreen. I quit using a computer of they all eventually go touchscreen without a mouse/touchpad and keyboard.

123macman

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2009
I like the idea of a touch screen computer but i would rather have a a touch screen laptop still with a track pad. I can not see when i would use a tablet.

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
if its just like any other tablet computer i probably wont use it that much.

to be honest though. Ill most likely buy one anyway.........

MTI

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
BS alert! How does a 7-10" screen replace a 50-60" screen with Dolby 5.1 surround sond? Doh!

Perhaps this is the TV being replaced . . .

early_portable_tv.jpg

Regardless, how may college dorms, studio apartments or public transportation venues can accomodate a 50-60" panel? Try taking that home theatre panel anywhere other than your home . . . really, doh?

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
You bet. One more Apple product to add to my lineup. I think if it incorporates many of the rumored content, I would happily use the tablet.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA

Regardless, how may college dorms, studio apartments or public transportation venues can accomodate a 50-60" panel? Try taking that home theatre panel anywhere other than your home . . . really, doh?
Clearly, you don't get out much.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
All depends on how it works.

I'd love something more portable than my 15" MacBook Pro. Even more portable than an Air. I want something simple and small enough to carry with me (like a Kindle) but powerful enough to type on or surf the web (a larger, better iPhone).

Bennieboy©

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
england
if someone bought it for me, then yes, it would be a fancy novelty, not much more, but i wouldnt part with however much Mr. Jobs wanted people to pay for it ;)

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Yes. This thing could change the face of consumer tech completely. It'll be huge.

Apple has a habit of making products you never knew you wanted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.