Beach Ball after Resetting Safari in Mavericks 10.9.2

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by punchwalk, Feb 28, 2014.

1. punchwalk macrumors regular

Hi all. I'm posting this in the OS X Mavericks forum because this problem did not start occurring until after I upgraded OS X from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 a couple of nights ago.

I'm one of those overly-cautious folks who resets Safari at least once or twice a day. Since upgrading to 10.9.2, resetting Safari (with all options checked) causes Safari to hang/beach ball indefinitely about 20% of the time. A force quit resolves the issue, but it's a little annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Gochugogi macrumors regular

Gochugogi

I used to see the beach ball for a few nanoseconds here and there in Safari under 10.91. Oddly haven't seen the cute little spinner at all since 10.92.

3. anp27 macrumors regular

Just installed 10.9.2 and no sign of beach balls.... fingers crossed! My wifi works just fine too.

4. martosprint macrumors 6502

I installed the update 10.9.2 when it first came out and it seemed to have solved the beach balling which I had prior to 10.9.2 and haven't seen the beach ball since. That update has solved the problem.

5. ishark macrumors newbie

6. Silver Smith macrumors newbie

Hi
    I've have the same issue since 10.9.2. Trying to sort via the Apple forum. I've a Macbook late 2008 and all reset options ticked except the notification warnings one. No extensions. Only, iPhoto, QT and flash plugins. The longer I have safari open before resetting the more likely it's occurring.

Have you had any success in resolving? If so how?

SM:confused:

7. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

Sounds like it could be corrupted bookmarks. I'd export your bookmarks, delete them manually in Finder and then re-import them.

8. punchwalk thread starter macrumors regular

For anyone who finds this thread: The issue appears to have been resolved by OS X 10.9.3, Safari 7.0.4, or a combination of the two.