Beach ball - safari

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BLOND37, Sep 5, 2011.

1. BLOND37 macrumors 6502a

i have a 2010 MBP.. running lion... safari 5.1.. everything good and up to date except i been getting the beach ball in safari a lot.. well not a lot i'd say 50% of the time.. everything else is fine.. and its not my net connection.. i do Onyx every week.. so cache is clean etc.. any other thoughts?

2. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

3. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Recent Safari is known to be a RAM eater.
    It uses like 1.5GB just by opening safari.
    Id prefer Google Chrome (only uses 500MB).

But to be honest I like Safari better :p
    Update you Mac to 10.7.1 and it should change a bit.

4. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

like i said its the only thing that runs funky.. and not all the time and the rest of the time S is zippy quick

----------

i am on 10.7.1.. and chrome is SLOWW

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Chrome is slow? Are you sure you're using the right thing? I exclusively use Canary (bleeding edge of Chrome) on my SL and Bootcamp W7 drives... unless I'm doing school work, in which I'll switch to Firefox for a second.

I have tried using Safari on multiple machines but I feel that it just isn't that good. Lots of beachballs, slower overall performance, and there aren't many applications for it to enhance the browsing experience.

Try Firefox; hell, Opera is a great browser that I use from time to time due to its Turbo and full page tab views.

6. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL yes i am sure :) not counting the beach ball.. safari goes FAST and chrome CRAWLS.. i will try opera i think.. but i don't like the idea of using a non apple product :(

7. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Why? I mean, I'm not trying to challenge your beliefs or anything as you are completely entitled to use what you want, but just because it isn't Apple you don't use it? In terms of battery life, Firefox is going to give you longer times and Chrome is notoriously the fastest browser out right now.

Of course, I'm not saying you should switch; by all means, use what you like. I use Canary for everything, Firefox for online school work, and Opera for Turbo and when I want to see previews with my tabs.