Beach Ball when opening from sleep and safari open

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Acevesx, May 9, 2011.

1. Acevesx macrumors regular

Hello, I have a 2011 2.00 15" MBP and am experiencing beach balls whenever I open the laptop after putting it to sleep with safari up and open, is anyone else experiencing this?

Any ideas what I can do to resolve this as well?
    Thanks!

2. Acevesx thread starter macrumors regular

3. maw4bc macrumors regular

Yes!!! Has been driving me insane. Anyone else out there having this problem? Safari in general has given me the beach ball constantly on my 2011 MBP. Just got on here to post the same thing. Hope there is an answer out there

4. Acevesx thread starter macrumors regular

5. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

sounds like hdd is slow to start spinning up after sleep. Try resetting pram and nvram. Could also be a bad HDD, maybe try reinstalling osx if you aren't having any luck.

6. maw4bc macrumors regular

Not really sure what pram and nvram are but will look it up. Do it and report back.

7. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

8. FOX160 macrumors regular

I had a similar problem when trying to use iphoto or trying to email
    a picture from iphoto.
    I had files removed and then a total library rebuilt then started to happen all over again.

Apple gave me a new machine and apparently had another MBP in the back
    with the same problem, my machine was 3.5 weeks old.

The new one started doing the same but the Genius was able to correct and all is fine.

9. sn macrumors 6502

i've just found this out too. exactly the same problem (only when it wakes up with safari running).

10. swmr, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

swmr macrumors regular

swmr

I don't mean to just reopen an old dead thread, but it pretty much asks what I want to.

My brand new iMac (shipped today, couple hours old) beach balls while awaking from sleep. Does it after sleeping for a minute, does it after sleeping for an hour, does it when all app are open, or when all apps are closed.

A brand new Mac should really be doing this. Any thoughts?

Edit: Sorry I just now realized this is Macbook Pro subforums...the issue is with my iMac...I can start a new thread if thats what I am supposed to do.