Beach balling MBP browsers. Can't take it anymore

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jayge, Aug 6, 2009.

1. jayge macrumors newbie

The problem started as every once and a while. Now Safari has gotten to the point of almost unusable. It got to the point where I downloaded firefox to use, but even now that beach balls too. Every couple of clicks the application locks up for about 10-15 seconds, the colorwheel spins, and unlocks. Any help?? thanks

p.s. its a 15 inch latest model macbook pro 2.8ghz.

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Contact Apple and open a support case. These problems are so widespread that it must be reported so that it will be fixed.

3. soccerb12ku macrumors member

I have been experiencing this too lately...I have a new 13" 2.53ghz Macbook Pro, any help on this would be appreciated

4. Panzo macrumors 6502

5. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

My iMac did something similar with all my applications......and I thought it needed to be wiped and reinstalled. I found that there was a background application (Adobe Updater) that Little Snitch was blocking that was causing the whole problem. Check for background running programs and try to turn off every one of them and see if it continues. Also, close any other open programs as well. Some other programs could be causing this to happen too.

If that fails and it continues to have issues, then I would contact Apple.

6. jayge thread starter macrumors newbie

how do you check for background applications

7. jayge thread starter macrumors newbie

found a pretty good fix...

deleted the contents of the safari cache folder. it seems the problem is the backup of jpg webpage preview safari saves. try it and see if that helps

8. reel2reel macrumors 6502a

reel2reel

I wasn't necessariy getting beachballs, but very slow browsing, like going back to dialup. I turned off automatic software update and I've been smooth sailing since. That stupid thing has been hogging bandwidth almost every time I'd boot up.