Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainZero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
I updated OS X on my 2011 MBP (the model before retina), and it's stuck. It says less than one minute remaining and it's been that way overnight.

Now what can I do?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I updated OS X on my 2011 MBP (the model before retina), and it's stuck. It says less than one minute remaining and it's been that way overnight.

Now what can I do?

Shut it down then do a command-r boot to recovery and from there run a repair disk in Disk Utility. Then reboot and try the Mavs install again.

CaptainZero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Shut it down then do a command-r boot to recovery and from there run a repair disk in Disk Utility. Then reboot and try the Mavs install again.

Thanks! I went to do this, after about 14 hours of "1 minute remaining" and it finished on its own! Weird.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks! I went to do this, after about 14 hours of "1 minute remaining" and it finished on its own! Weird.

You might want to do the disk check from recovery anyway just to see if it picks up any disk errors. Because what you saw is not normal.

CaptainZero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
You might want to do the disk check from recovery anyway just to see if it picks up any disk errors. Because what you saw is not normal.

Thanks. I finally tried this and no errors showed up. Not sure what went wrong, but it seems to work just fine. Thanks Weasel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.