beachball

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kaze46, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Kaze46 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone I currently have a core i5 mid 2010 MBP, now i love and use Safari, but my only problem is that it hangs on the first webpage I load, usually is Facebook but I've tested it on other sites from cold boot and same result, the beachball is usually for 20-30 seconds and its making me mad, I've searched everywhere but no results were found. I was wondering if someone has had similar problems and knows how to fix this.

2. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Mine does too on certain sites that have a lot of Flash, like Gizmodo.com. It may just be the newest Flash version. Try FF or Chrome and see if it still does it.

3. Kaze46 thread starter macrumors newbie

chrome sometimes hangs up when opening multiple tabs and firefox hardly use it, I use my MBP on battery sometimes for a long period and safari is better at not sucking the life out of it, oh and safari startup is not what it used to be either .... does opening to the top sites affect it?

4. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

I've Chrome, FF & Safari on my system (MBP 13" 2010) and Safari is worst of 3 browsers in terms of performance.