Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Minnesota
Hey guys, hope everyone's having a good weekend so far.

I just got my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 yesterday and installed it on my Macbook Pro unibody with no problems. Windows 7 runs great. The problem occurs when I boot back up into Snow Leopard. My computer will randomly start beachballing, especially more often in Firefox (version 3.5.3).

Has anyone else come across this? Does anyone know a solution. Thank you ahead of time!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
s anyone else come across this? Does anyone know a solution. Thank you ahead of time!

Did you repartition to install W7? Maybe FF got corrupted in the move? Have you tried just reinstalling FF?

This seems coincidental since there really should be no links between the two OSes.

B

dylanmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Minnesota
Did you repartition to install W7? Maybe FF got corrupted in the move? Have you tried just reinstalling FF?

This seems coincidental since there really should be no links between the two OSes.

B

I just used the Boot Camp Assistant. This would also happen when I used the Windows 7 RC1 with Snow Leopard. With Windows uninstalled Snow Leopard would work great.

This is very odd.

dylanmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Minnesota
Well after running Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner it doesn't beachball AS MUCH. Firefox still produces a beachball every so often. We'll see if there's any word in the near future on how too fix it.

dylanmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Minnesota
TEMPORARY SOLUTION:

In case anyone else is having this problem, I just ejected my Windows drive from Finder and OS X seems to be running fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.