Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
I'm running two Tv's and two ATV's. I'm using a Imac with the latest version of Yosemite. I have purchased the latest version of Beamer. My problem is this: On one Tv; everything works great running Beamer to stream a movie from my Imac. On the other Tv; I get sound but no audio trying to stream the same movie. Sound does work through the ATV if I play some other app on my ATV. If I use just Airplay to stream the movie with VLC; I get audio but no video.

What could the problem be?

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Playing around with this problem. So far; still can't get it to work. Like I said; if I attempt to play via Airplay and through VLC; it doesn't work. If I try a movie through Itunes from my Itunes library; it works.

Wierd!

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
Did some more troubleshooting and finally got it to work. Swapped the two ATV's around; and they both are working. Not the solution I wanted as it would be nice to know why the one ATV didn't work in the first place. But they are working and I will just leave it at that!!!

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
it might be 5.1 related
what are you using for the sound? just the TV itself?

is it possible one aTV has dolby digital turned off?

some TVs have built in 5.1 decoders, some don't, although (at least in my experience) those TVs are smart enough to not put the raw digital sound (sounds like static) through the speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.