Bean and Quick Look

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reubs, Aug 22, 2008.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

Just a quick question...

I use Bean for my minor word processing needs, and whenever I save a document using Bean I can't access it with Quick Look. However, if I save the same document using NeoOffice I have no problems using Quick Look.

Is this a bug in Bean, or do I need to activate some hidden setting? Thanks for any info!

2. Tosser macrumors 68030

No, it's not a bug - more like an omission.

However, if you're running leopard, this should be resolved with Bean 0.9.11:
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/33925&vid=498614

3. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm running 1.3.3, and I save them in ODT files so they can seamlessly be used with Neo Office. Maybe I should try some other extensions, but I'm not sure what you mean about 0.9.11. Is that another app altogether?

4. Tosser macrumors 68030

Nope, it's not another app – I just meant "as of 0.9.11" (which is before it went 1.0.0). I'm using 1.3.3 as well.

I mainly use the RTF(D)-extension, but I just tried with .bean and QL works there as well.

Tried odt: works there for me as well.

If I were you, I'd try downloading Onyx and run some scripts, reboot and see if that works.

I don't know what else to suggest as it works for me, running leopard 10.5.4 on an MBP 2.33GHz.

5. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the info. Still not working on .ODTs for me, but that's alright. It's not the end of the world, and I'll keep playing with it to see what happens.