Bear eats Monkey and shares

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
"The park said it plans now to move the macaques to another part of the park."

Hmmmm, seems like this could turn into a pretty good daily attraction if they advertised it right.

Hell, I'd pay to see something like that. But I want to see them eat it too. Maybe even have a few bites.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
mcarnes said:

Hmmmm, seems like this could turn into a pretty good daily attraction if they advertised it right.

Hell, I'd pay to see something like that. But I want to see them eat it too. Maybe even have a few bites.
LOL, OK Kids watch were going to feed the Bears.......id buy a ticket:D

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
mcarnes said:
Hell, I'd pay to see something like that. But I want to see them eat it too.
See, I have no issues watching it on TV, but I think that in person, it might be a bit too dramatic for me. :eek:

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
I'm pretty sure those macaques are pretty noisy. Perhaps it irritated the bear. Bear sure didn't monkey around.

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
iSaint said:
I think they need a football arena size field for the Cheetahs. And for feeding time, let a few antelope loose. That would be worth the price of admission!
Done. Well, almost they use a mechanical lure instead of an antelope.

B

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
mcarnes said:

That's not the way to treat other living animals. It's one thing to take them out of their natural habitat and use them for entertainment while trying to treat them as good as possible. It's quite another thing to make live entertainment out of animals killing each other in captivity where they have no chance of survival as they would've had in nature.

That's not showing respect for life and the world we live in.

Maybe you were joking, but it didn't seem obvious to me.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I'm pretty sure he was joking. However, I would pay to see such an attraction, were it to use certain politicians and international figures in lieu of innocent animals.

And am I the only one who sees the title and thinks of that panda "eats shoots and leaves" joke?

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
jsw said:
I'm pretty sure he was joking.
I hope so. I'm a bit touchy on the subject after I got in a heated discussion with my brother when he thought selling tickets to sheep slaughtering was a good business idea. :eek:

pinto32

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2003
PA
Edit: Bears Discover Evolution!!!

This thread should have been titled "Bears beleive in evolution!" Why? Because it is a well known FACT that bears are out to wipe out the human race. But now these Darwinist monkey-munchers are in the grip of Ted Kennedy and his "civilly united" partner Charles Darwin. According to the Bear Manafesto, if you wipe out the monkeys, thier evolutionary offspring (humans) are sure to follow. Its all explained in science...

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
mcarnes said:

Like NASCAR. There isn't always a crash, but how else can you get people to watch things going in a circle for hours.