Bear kills militants in Kashmir

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by joepunk, Nov 3, 2009.

1. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

The war on terror has been extended to the animal kingdom:

Let the bear jokes begin.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What a terrible way to die :(

I feel sorry for their children/wives, if they have any.

3. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

All the money invested in super-hi-tech, and all we needed was some spilled honey?

Really?

4. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

+1...but they were terrorists!

5. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

"Guns don't kill people. Bear arms kill people"

6. David G. macrumors 65816

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Well that is freaking funny. Sorry, don't feel sorry for the militants....

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

bear wins vs. 4 guys with assault rifles? Unprepared or not... wow. We humans are really pretty squishy compared to a lot of the animal kingdom!

9. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Strangely, this story puts a smile on my face.

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

4 people with AK vs a bear?

Thankfully they are woefully untrained. I guess all the action games aren't that far from reality. =p

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Of course people will smile and laugh because they have dehumanized these people by referring to them only as "militants", "terrorists", etc. These people live their lives and have loved ones as well, not that many people seem to give a damn about people in the middle east.

12. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

You usually don't live in a cave unless you are afraid of hanging out in town, odds are they were planning on killing some innocent people in Kashmir.:mad:
    Got what they had coming. Karma is a bitch!:D

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Nice of you to jump to conclusions based on your own assertions. How do you know these militants aren't fighting people invading their homelands? From their perspective it would be completely justified.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed! Good for the bear!

15. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Pretty much what the bear did, ain't it? Two out of the four Goldilocks didn't fare too well when papa bear came home and found them sleeping in his bed.

Besides, it's the job of the military/civil defense forces to protect their homeland, not some nut with a gun. If that were the case, everyone in Texas would be a militant.:rolleyes: Heck, we'd shoot folks from out-of-state if we had that mentality.:eek:

16. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

17. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

Because they were in Kashmir which is part of India. They kill people in Kashmir saying that it is their land but actually its India's. These terrorist even bomb schools and colleges...Being an Indian I can say that they were not defending their homeland...we aren't dehumanizing them...they choose to become terrorists and kill people on their own, no one tells them to do that...if they were so concerned about their families and loved ones they won't be killing people.

Let me tell you something...Me and my cousins were shopping in a market in Delhi when a there was a blast right in front of us...I saw a woman's body flying right in front of my eyes...believe me that wasn't a good thing to see...i still get nightmares...over 50 people died in those attacks...you can't imagine what my parents went through when i couldn't contact them for hours due to all phone lines being jammed.. Last year they killed over 200 people in Mumbai...:(

These kinds of attacks happen all over the country just because they want Kashmir(there may be several other reasons...try searching the word "jehad") ...hundreds of people are killed each year by these terrorists...people have stopped going to Kashmir...its such a beautiful place but people are scared...

ps- i have nothing against Muslim people...its just that these terrorists anger me very much...sorry if I offended anyone...

18. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

If only the militants had viewed that webpage prior to the attack...
    I feel sorry for the surviving militants. It must be hard to bear with an accident like that.

19. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Nice of you to jump to a conclusion also......

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Well lets see, how many people have you encountered day to day that only refer to Middle Easterners as "towlheads", "terrorists", etc? It feels like people don't realize that there are actual people living there who are just trying to live their lives.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Anyone in this thread make those comments?

If it was ordinary people killed by the bear, it would indeed be a sad event. Since it was militants which may have been terrorists, I don't feel much sadness for them.

22. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Dude, they were militants - they were armed. It's well known that Pakistan sends over thousands of trained militants into Kashmir to terrorize people. Please don't start the 'invading their homeland' bit if you don't know anything about Indian history.

Oh, and these same militants branch out after 'graduating' in Kashmir to other areas and countries around the world. So for once, let's stop sympathizing with them.. cool?

+1 for the bear.