Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Just received my Bear Motion case for the iPhone 6. It's a pretty slim case with a sand paper-ish texture to it. It's slim but thick enough to to keep the camera off of tables.

Cons: Top and bottom of phone are exposed. Even tho it has a sand paper feel to it, I find it to be slippery still.

DSC_7089Tesla2.JPG DSC_7093Tesla2.JPG

DSC_7094Tesla2.JPG DSC_7095Tesla2.JPG

DSC_7096Tesla2.JPG

Last edited:

Matt-

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2012
Thank you for posting this! I had a similar texture case for my old galaxy and now I can get it again :)

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I ordered one last week, but I'd prefer all 4 sides covered.
Seems like many cases have some features I want but none have all I want and many are over $35 which I won't pay for a piece of thin plastic.
I had a Bear Motion leather back cover for iPad that was very nice and high quality so I gave them some more business.
But now the poster says it's not too grippy, which is the reason I bought it..

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Just got my $8 Bear Motion Sand (black) back shell case for iPhone 6.
I find it super grippy, but not like sticky rubber, has a high quality texture, feels good in the hand. It's sturdier than the ebay/china slim flimsy shells, but still minimal. Feels very solid on the phone. If it had top and bottom coverage it'd be the perfect slim case for me.

If you tap the top of the phone directly on a table, the plastic back contacts it, if you tap the bottom of the phone on a table there is some plastic contact, but not as much as the top, if that makes sense. There is a little overhang of the flat edge of the back cover at top and bottom.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.