Beat up package

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Optimus Primes, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Optimus Primes macrumors member

So I finally received my 15" MBP. When first received it the outer cardboard package was really beat up. The case which carried the MBP was fine though. I was wondering if you guys had any problem with the packaging? The computer seems to work fine....

2. Tim Lyons macrumors member

They are pretty well packaged and if the inside box is in good/near perfect condition there shouldn't be anything to worry about

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The treatment of packages is unbelievable and unfortunately it happens to all carriers. Boxes are thrown around (which is probably why the outer package was beat up) regardless of what's inside.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Why exactly do you think they package them the way they do?

After working for a packing company, I can tell you they don't give a damn about boxes and they get tossed around quite a bit

Your computer is working. Stop worrying about it

5. Harmless Abuse macrumors regular

Why do you think that the treatment of packages is so rough?

How do you expect them to deliver things in the timeframe you are guaranteed if they don't rush? How do you treat every box like a piece of chinaware and expect to get things done in a timely fashion?

Things are packaged in the boxes they come in for a reason. The MacBooks are in a secure box themselves, with that box secured with a cushion of air and corner protectors inside of the other box to absorb shocks.

I doubt what they did harmed your computer.

6. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

The packages that get delivered to Apple stores directly probably arrive beat up too but we'd never see it. As long as it looks and runs fine I wouldn't worry.

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Very poor excuse. I'm pretty sure the computer wasn't affected since it comes in it's own retail box but it's not even about computers. Perhaps it was another item. You're telling me "rushing" means throwing a box into the back of a truck rather than placing in instead?

I'm not here to tell couriers to change their way or whatever, just stating the fact that the handling of packages are very poor.

8. HBOC macrumors 68020

you have to realize that UPS/FED EX play the warehouse workers $10 an hour, basically minimum wage. Mine came in an unmarked brown box that was kinda beat up. The computer was perfect, as was the retail box.

9. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member

Those of you who replied to the thread, how many of you received a beat up box?

10. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Many a time they recycle (reuse) the outside cardboard boxes, its no big deal for me because I would do the same thing. However, the white sealed box inside should stay immaculate.

11. acrafton macrumors 6502

Post some pics so we know what degree of damage. . .

12. grain macrumors newbie

Reuse cardboard boxes? You mean like the delivery company collects the used boxes from the customers, ship them back to china or whereever and actually use them again?
    Em... Yeah. Right.

13. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yeah mine has 2 holes in it lol.. Sent an email to Amazon and they refunded me $65 for my trouble :) The Macbook pro's packaging inside was fine i think..

14. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member