Beaten up Macbook launched at floor surives..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brasiliangringo, Feb 11, 2010.

1. brasiliangringo macrumors regular

I watched a certain drunken and enraged individual in the same room take out their frustration on a unibody Macbook..

After punching the screen unconscious, they threw it hard onto the concrete floor, then hit hard on the back - cutting their fist (well done see pic). You would expect it to be completely dead after such punishment... :eek:

Well, If you can forget the lunatic behavior of the person involved (who felt deeply embarrassed and regretful the fateful morning after) I can reveal that the amazing Macbook unibody is fully functional aside from needing a new LCD and glass screen! It's so incredibly durable!

(The top right corner of clamshell was bent out today with pliers so doesn't convey the impact quite so well)

Attached Files:

2. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

3. brasiliangringo thread starter macrumors regular

A lunatic I know who left it with me to fix after taking out his small crisis out on the machine..

Pictures above..

4. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

5. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

Oh my! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You think they could've taken their rage out on something that doesn't cost $1,000+

6. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

thats amazing :eek:

its good that it still works great...

btw i agree with the post above...who would do such a thing to a mac?!

7. brasiliangringo thread starter macrumors regular

He completely regretted it. Felt like a total c**t the next day for doing it - that's for sure! Its like smashing a Ferrari - its just too painful to think about.. Think it was a combination of women, work and too much booze.. Happy days :D

Their strength is amazing. I recall dropping a Dell Inspiration (?!) or whatever they are called from about half a foot and the HD went!! This thing got catapulted into the floor and survived!