Beating the Dead Horse....One Mouse Button on a MBA WHY???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anothermacaddic, Jan 29, 2008.

1. anothermacaddic macrumors member

Please for the love of god will someone show S Jobs how much easier it is to simply right click a mouse button rather than to control click. When will this madness end? When will apple conform to the norm? When can my left pinky finally get the rest it deserves and go back to an a z q finger only with just a little shifting on the side.

Beat that horse!

2. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

I'm confused! Mac's can right click! You just change the settings, and press down on the right side of the mouse.

Or, on the trackpad you can set it up so that a tap on the trackpad with 2 fingers represents a right click.

:confused:

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

two finger click FTW

4. anothermacaddic thread starter macrumors member

Just to copy paste this i had to control 2x. If there was a way to simply click the right side of the trackpad I would be super happy.

Yes the track pad 2 finger click. It just has this half arsed work around feel to it. Like a ghetto click.

5. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

haha, well i don't think there is much else i can do for you then! just enjoy ghetto clicking :D

6. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

When I first switched, I wondered why Apple wouldn't put the Mighty Mouse's capacitive button on as the trackpad button on MacBooks. It would have been pretty cool to right-click like the Mighty Mouse.

But heck, two-finger clicking and scrolling is so much more intuitive now! :cool:

BTW, there's a 3rd party touchpad driver that can do touchpad regions. So you could set a corner of your touchpad to right-click. Do a search for that.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

the 2 finger click is so easy and natural once you do it for a little while.

8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Personally, I find the "two fingers on the track pad and click anywhere on a single large button" a fantastic way of getting a "right click" - the alternative of either moving your hand to the right or tucking the thumb underneath your hand to get to the right button is much less comfortable.
    I think the real question should be why Windows Laptops insist on putting two buttons on a track pad when there's a much better way of doing things :)

9. DaLurker macrumors 6502

2 finger right click is superior to a second right click button.

10. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

In the same way, 1 finger trackpad touch for a left click is superior (quicker and easier) than pressing the trackpad button.

Why do we even need the trackpad button nowadays? You can left click, drag (also with the option of the excellent drag lock), right click by tapping two fingers at the same time, horizontally and vertically scroll and zoom in and out of the screen all without the need for the button!

What exactly is the point of it? Let's get rid of the outdated button once and for all ... who's with me? :D

11. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

one thing i can't tolerate is accidental trackpad inputs. i hate it when i drag the cursor and the computer mistakes the input for a click. this is the first thing i disable on any apple laptop i buy.

12. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Exactly. Also on the Mac it's easier to use keyboard shortcuts because most of them uses Command key (unlike the ctrl key which is hard to reach). An experienced Mac user can run circles around a windows right-clicker who is clicking to look busy.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Thats what I do.