Beatles 2009 Remastered

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Chundles, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Just picked up my copies of Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road at the local record store. They had all of them from what I could see as well as the stereo box set.

I love the "mini-LP" style of case and the liner notes are really interesting, lots of info about the album, the recording process and the history.

Tell ya what, they sound very nice.

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I need to pick up Please Please Me, A Hard Day's Night, With The Beatles, and Beatles For Sale. I'm excited. :D

3. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

Still not sure whether or not I should pick them up, and if so, which of them. I don't think I need the whole box set.

4. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Kind of reminds me of Nicolas Cage's line from "The Rock"

Stanley Goodspeed: Carla wouldn't approve. She thinks it's dumb to spend $600 on an LP.
    Isherwood: Carla's right. Why didn't you just spend $13 on a CD, man?
    Stanley Goodspeed: Well, first of all, it's because I'm a Beatlemaniac. And second, these sound better.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Beatles For Sale is one of my favourites out of all of the remasters, which is saying a lot because it sounded piss-poor on the old CDs. I'll agree with everything Chundles said, too. Revolver, Sgt Pepper and Abbey Road are easily the best-sounding out of all of the new discs.

6. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Revolver in particular sounds incredible. Have listened to all three now all the way through. Forgot how "complete" the album experience was back then (well, by back then I mean I had heard about it from folks who remember it) the whole thing tells a story.

The last 20 minutes or so of Abbey Road is incredible for that.

7. oscillatewildly macrumors 68000

8. Kristenn macrumors 6502

Oh no! I must have these! And does anyone know if Yesterday and Today is in this set? That album is sooo hard to find! I have all of them but that one!

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Unfortunately not. It's just the UK albums that have been remastered - Yesterday and Today was US-only and, if I recall correctly, has never been released on CD anyway (when the original CDs came out in 1987, EMI made the UK albums the standard for the entire world). Yesterday and Today is just a mix of songs already available on Revolver, Rubber Soul and Help! anyway.

The only hope is if they decide to put out a 3rd set in that limited edition Capitol Albums series. It's been a few years since the 2nd one came out though, and there's only 2 or 3 albums that they can use anyway as, since Sgt Pepper, all the US albums were identical to the UK ones in every form.