Beats by dr dre, Tour or Solo?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by flipninja, Jan 6, 2012.

1. flipninja macrumors member

So my aunt is offering to buy me some beats by dr dre since I'm visiting her. I am stuck between getting the Tour or the Solo, but I cant make up my mind. I really like look of the tours, but I want to know which one is better. Anyone experienced the two? I would appreciate your opinions on which is better.

2. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

Do they have to be Beats by Dre? I feel that they are more of a fashion statement than they are headphones. But, with that being said, they are not that bad, but the Tour and Solo are completely different, depending on if you want to have a more "mobile" pair of headphones. If you're going for sound quality, i'd definitely go for the Solo pair.

Just my two cents.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

we have several threads here already about them.. 1st decide whats important to you. Strictly looks then which ever one looks better to you. sound go to bestbuy or some other electronics store and listen decide which you like.. too me personally dre's are look cool however there are way better headphones out there. However it's your head and it's and your aunt's money.. Amazon also has a ton of user reviews on both.

4. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Really depends on when your going to use them and what your going to be doing. I have the tours and love them but I wear them to the gym and sometimes in my car to make long phone calls. I wouldn't wear over ear earphones doing that.

5. SporkLover macrumors 6502

Personally I don't think I would recommend the Solo to folks, I was severely disappointed in their output. I owned a set of Solo's for a day or two and traded them in for Studio's.

After Owning Studio's for 1 almost 2 years, I wish I would have went with a different brand altogether. I could have had better quality sound, and saved money.