Beats By Dre CONTROLTALK not working with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sokr0923, Jan 6, 2011.

1. sokr0923 macrumors newbie

I had my 3GS jailbroken under version 4.0.1 and figured that may be the reason. I updated my iPhone to 4.2 software and the controltalk still isnt working. It works on my friends iPhone, leading me to believe there's something wrong with mine. I tried cleaning out my audio jack with a qtip dipped in rubbing alcohol (it did bring out some lent) but that didn't help either. Anyone with any suggestions with what my next move should be or what could be wrong?

2. MrAndy macrumors newbie

Same here.

Also just got these, and the remote does nothing at all.

I'm wondering if it's to do with the iphone software, so i'm just about to update that. Slightly disappointed, but hope there is an easy fix...

ps: iphone not jailbreaked. 3GS.

3. MrAndy macrumors newbie

Nope.

That didn't work.

I've had a look around the web and I can't find anything about this at all.

Seems strange that we've both had the same problem so close in time.

I'll have another look and then take them back I guess. It clearly says they're compatible with iPhones, and my remote just doesn't do anything at all.

Ah - actually, scrap that - just realised if I push and hold the connector into the socket - it starts to work. Maybe I need to clean out my hole, so to speak.

Will try that.