Beats by Dre Tour earbuds!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eNcrypTioN, Oct 4, 2012.

1. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

My wife surprised me a few days ago with some of these beats by dre tour earbuds and there amazing. I was using some apple headphones and these make everything sound so crisp and deep. I can even activate Siri with them! :D

Anyone else have these?

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I have some of the originals, but they don't have the microphone. I like the sound from them, but I can never get them to fit right. I still use them occasionally though.

Glad you're enjoying them! :)

3. blumpkin macrumors regular

Most headphones you purchase over $15 will sound far better than the trash that comes prepackaged with Apple stuff.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

My 59 dollar Klipsch s4i blow those out of the water :D

5. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

ya I don't know about "blow out of the water" the tours are somewhat based on monster turbines which are noticeably better than the s4's i own. I like the s4's because they are very light though. obviously a lot cheaper as well.

6. eNcrypTioN thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, I didn't realize how crappy they were until I tried these.

At first I couldn't get them to stay in my ears with the largest ear tips. I found that the next size down fit perfectly :D

I'm sure there are better earbuds but these work great for me and sound amazing!

7. iFiend, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012

iFiend macrumors 65816

I'd agree with you until the last few weeks...

I had been using the Dre Tour Beats for awhile, about 4 months, with my iPhone 4. When I got my iPhone 5 I decided that my "first listen" would be through the new earpods, and while they don't have the same max volume as the Beats (mostly because they aren't IEM/fully seal in your ear/simply don't have the power), they sound damn good. I listen to a lot of music that has organ/piano (Phish/Classic Rock) and I find the mid reproduction of the earpods to be far superior to the Beats.

So yeah :D