Beats by Dre Tour earbuds!

eNcrypTioN

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
My wife surprised me a few days ago with some of these beats by dre tour earbuds and there amazing. I was using some apple headphones and these make everything sound so crisp and deep. I can even activate Siri with them! :D

Anyone else have these?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I have some of the originals, but they don't have the microphone. I like the sound from them, but I can never get them to fit right. I still use them occasionally though.

Glad you're enjoying them! :)

blumpkin

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
Most headphones you purchase over $15 will sound far better than the trash that comes prepackaged with Apple stuff.

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
My 59 dollar Klipsch s4i blow those out of the water :D
ya I don't know about "blow out of the water" the tours are somewhat based on monster turbines which are noticeably better than the s4's i own. I like the s4's because they are very light though. obviously a lot cheaper as well.

eNcrypTioN

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
Most headphones you purchase over $15 will sound far better than the trash that comes prepackaged with Apple stuff.
Yea, I didn't realize how crappy they were until I tried these.

I have some of the originals, but they don't have the microphone. I like the sound from them, but I can never get them to fit right. I still use them occasionally though.

Glad you're enjoying them! :)
At first I couldn't get them to stay in my ears with the largest ear tips. I found that the next size down fit perfectly :D

My 59 dollar Klipsch s4i blow those out of the water :D
I'm sure there are better earbuds but these work great for me and sound amazing!

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
I'd agree with you until the last few weeks...

I had been using the Dre Tour Beats for awhile, about 4 months, with my iPhone 4. When I got my iPhone 5 I decided that my "first listen" would be through the new earpods, and while they don't have the same max volume as the Beats (mostly because they aren't IEM/fully seal in your ear/simply don't have the power), they sound damn good. I listen to a lot of music that has organ/piano (Phish/Classic Rock) and I find the mid reproduction of the earpods to be far superior to the Beats.

So yeah :D

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.