Beats By Dre's have let me down for the last time. Need recommendations

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Totty1987, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Totty1987 macrumors regular

I purchased some Beats by Dre in ear Tours back in March last year and I've had them replaced 3-4 times during this time. I'm really disappointed as I paid quite a lot of money for headphones that I thought may last a long while. Issues such as short-circuiting as well as the cable splitting has been prevalent.

I use my in-ear headphones with my iPhone and I'm in the market for some new headphones. I've looked at brands such as Bose and Sennheiser, but I'm unsure as to which brand/headphones to go with. I'm extremely passionate about music and I just want some good quality headphones that last a couple years.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations. Thanx :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I've had the Sony MDR-V6s for several years now. Excellent quality sound.

3. ColbyAley macrumors newbie

I've heard great things about the Bose Ie2. I have a pair of the Ae2s, and love them.

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

[/COLOR]
    Can you tell us what Music you listen to and what you are willing to spend?

There is 218 in ear headphones reviews here from the full spectrum of price, style, sound etc.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mul...-audio-paradigm-v-3-fa-977-jazz-added-1-29-12

5. Totty1987 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanx for the comments guys. My musical library is predominately Rap and Rock.

I have no budget

6. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I would reccomend the Sennheiser IE8's to you. I have had them for 1 Year 3 Months and have had no problems whatsoever. They are expensive but you get what you pay for. They are still considered some of the best In Ears around and the sound signature suite your Music taste. They have adjustable bass on the actual headphone with detachable cables so you can replace them instead of the whole headphones in the unlikely event they do break. That's not likely since they are protected by Kevlar.

http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_portable_500772

If you can spend more after that then a portable amplifier will make them sound even better. They extend the bass response, open up the soundstage and give them more depth.

http://www.fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=70

It's a lot of money to spend on both of these but this has been well worth it for me because of the sound it produces. Both these items get amazing reviews.

7. Totty1987 thread starter macrumors regular

Are those fully compatible with an iPhone 4s?

Oh and would you recommend over the ear phones or in ear phones?

8. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Shure headphones have a nice bass sound. Not to heavy. I like them because they are crafted so that you can hear what the artist mix is suppose to be.

I have the Shure SE315. I actually don't use the iPods EQ and the volume is half way. 3/4 the way up when vacuuming. Facetime sounds great. Only thing is that there is no volume rocker. But you can purchase an extension cable. I chose not to get the extension cable because its not made with the same material the headphones are.

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE315-K...DND4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1328509187&sr=8-6

9. RoyWill macrumors member

All Dr. Dre headphones are not good quality headsets, especially the in-ear versions. All your money goes to the celebrity endorsements. My friend works for Monster and he told me the packaging cost is even more than the cost for the headset!!! Dont waste money on any MONSTER products!!

10. jakeby macrumors newbie

I just got a pair of the Klipsch x10i in ears. First things first, they're tiny. But dont let this put you off, it's a good thing.

They may not have the level of bass of the beats, however, they do offer crystal clear audio, and a really balanced sound. Once you achieve the correct fit for your ears, you wont believe the amount of bass something so small manages to create.

The inline mic and remote also works great with my iPhone 4s, and they even come with a neat, leather carrying pouch.

Great for the money!

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This has convinced me to pick up a pair of Klipsch earphones this weekend.

12. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

i had the klipsch s4 for years, sound absolutely fantastic, i had the original bose in ear before that but then they broke and got the klipsch, then they broke and kept breaking and now have the newest bose mei2i, which sound much much better than the originals, granted the klipsch sound better in many ways but i have not been dissapointed with them at all, klipsch or bose, you cant go wrong

13. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Hi! Yeah they are compatible with the 4s but the IE8 model does not have inline controls. You would have to buy the IE8I for the inline controls. I'm not sure what to reccomend for full size because I only own one pair (Denon D1100) but they are perfect for the price. Nice Bass response, clear Highs and very comfortable for long listening periods.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003YUBE4E/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/279-7690167-0247248