Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidwes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Hi, Just opened up my beats flex and paired with my iPhone. Now on my mac, under Bluetooth I select Beats Flex and press connect. Beats Flex becomes bold. Sound still comes out of my laptop not the headphones. About two minutes later Beats Flex no longer bold.

nelson1457

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2013
I have the same problem. Worked with the Apple techs for over an hour yesterday with no solution. They took a dump of my system and they'll get back to me this afternoon. I'll update here when that happens.

Golgafrincham

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2014
UK
I see the same. Also, the web page states macOS 11 compatibility which is Big Sur,

"1 Compatible with iOS and iPadOS 14 or later, MacOS 11 or later, WatchOS 7 or later, and tvOS 14 or later; compatibility will vary on Android devices."

and I have read on Reddit that new Apple headphones typically need a follow up macOS update. So the question is will we see a 10.15.8 with Beats Flex support? I assume it is only a matter of time.

Reactions: nelson1457

punchdrunk55

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Reddit helped me out with this. Forget the beats flex on all your devices. turn off all bluetooth on phone, ipad, whatever. Hold the power button for 15 seconds on the beats to reset them, then connect on the mac. That worked for me, connected first time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.