iPad Beats Headphones Suck??? (Alternatives requested...)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by bigdog5142, Nov 30, 2014.

1. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

Ok...I keep hearing from people all over the internet that Beats headphones suck. I happen to like the Beats I have (urbuds and Executive). However, I've been thinking about a Bluetooth headset either for working out (something like the PowerBeats 2) or for over the hear/noise canceling.

After indicating that Beats suck, most people say that you can find a better set of headphones for HALF the price of Beats. I'd love to hear what is better for half the price. (This is a serious post...not trying to be snarky.)

What would you recommend for a bluetooth headset for working out or for a noise canceling set?

Thanks!

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I have tried a lot of Bluetooth Headphones and my favorites are the SOL Republic Tracks Air. The best sound and the battery lasts for about 12 hours.

3. mike4realz macrumors newbie

beats headphones don't suck...some people say beats sux cuz well they can't afford'em so they opt in for a cheaper alternative, in which they would assume is better than beats headphones once they're satisfied with their purchase.

i use the jaybird bluebuds x for workout...it's noise isolating...lasts me bout a whole week when I spend bout an hour in teh gym

4. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

I would never buy beats. They just look really nice that's why people buy them. All about branding these days. Klipsch, Sennheiser, Harmon, and obviously Bose are very good options.

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I have beats headphones and a generic motorola headphones. The motorola "beats" the beats headphones by a lot in terms of sound clarity and bass response. I know for sure, my next pair of headphones will NOT be beats. For the same price, I could get a lot better.

6. Machoua macrumors newbie

Beats Headphones Suck??? (Alternatives requested...)

There are soooo many I can list. Go to head-fi.org for all information. Three Brands I can name that are significantly better are audio techica, beyerdynamic, senheisser. I had the studios. I bought the audio techica m50s for $130 and in my opinion blows most to all BEATS headphones.

7. Alex225 macrumors regular

I don't think because they're expensive/overpriced people are putting them down because they 'can't afford them'. I think many think they aren't that good because they are expensive and their sound quality doesn't live up to the price tag!

I've listened to Beats headphones and was completely underwhelmed by the quality. They sounded no better than the £100 Marshall Majors I have at home.

If you ask many audiophiles what they think of Beats it's usually that they're overpriced for what they are. A good friend of mine has a pair of Unique Melody earphones and wouldn't touch Beats, so I don't think it comes down to affordability!

8. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Audiotechnica's headphones are really cheap,and they have much better sound quality than the beats,for sure.

9. bigdog5142 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

TOTALLY agree with the "overpriced for what they are" statement. I do like my Beats (I purchased my sets from woot.com, so they were about half of retail...MUCH more realistic prices), but there's NO WAY I'm going to pay $400 for a pair of bluetooth cans...or $200 for a set of bluetooth earbuds.

However, my experience with bluetooth earbuds is limited and what experience I do have tells me that most bluetooth earbuds suck. They can lag, the connection can be crackly and the bass is almost nonexistent.

Thanks for the suggestions so far...any others on bluetooth earbuds?

10. gfunk1122 macrumors newbie

A top reviewer over at head-fi.org rated the Solo2 about as good as anything less than $500. Head-fi is biggest headphone forum on the planet. In the past they were all garbage but for the price, the Solo2 sound pretty good to me. Plus they can be had for a discount.

11. boast macrumors 65816

boast

I just got some studio wireless and I like them! Granted my only other experience are audio technica ath-ad700 and senn hd598. But i guess i dont notice the "much better quality" i am losing out in this "downgrade." Ill be getting the jaybirds for christmas so I am excited to try those out, kinda bored with my klipsch.

Plus no one yet has recommended any bluetooth headphones with active noise cancellation.

12. Spicedham macrumors regular

for working out I have Jaybird Bluebuds X. They're the best bluetooth headphones you can get for working out. Battery life is better than all other brands. waterproof too. but sound quality is no better than the headphones that come with the iPhones. you don't want to work out with noise canceling headphones because if you're running outside you want to be able to hear someone yell at you to watch out for the car that's about to hit you.