Beats Music App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DougEFresh23, Oct 17, 2014.

1. DougEFresh23 macrumors newbie

DougEFresh23

Right now the only way to stream from Beats music on a Mac is from the web app. Before Beats bought MOG, there was a Mac app that was much more efficient than the current web app format for Beats. I figured since Apple bought Beats they would develop an app. Any thoughts?

2. Cythth macrumors regular

Cythth

Without reading any rumors, so this is totally my guess and that's all, but I think they'd figure a way to integrate it into iTunes. I'm not saying that's the best route, but it makes the most sense to me knowing Apple.

3. RooneySC macrumors newbie

RooneySC

Beats Music App

It will be migrated into iTunes in the beginning of 2015 or it will be stomped out of existence....either outcome deems a separate OS X app irrelevant.

4. DougEFresh23 thread starter macrumors newbie

DougEFresh23

It's highly unlikely that they will "stomp it out of existence." Integration into iTunes is much more probable. However, it is also unlikely that Apple will completely remove the branding of Beats Music, based on as much effort as they've put into promoting it and expanding it's features - including the recent news that Beats is working to reduce subscription costs in 2015. So even an integration with iTunes could look pretty unique.

5. thmshale macrumors member

thmshale

Apple has stated that they want to leave Beats Music as a stand-alone service. This doesn't preclude it from being bundled with iTunes, but I would suspect (and I personally hope) that they keep it away from iTunes for a while.