Beats Solo 3 battery issue?

kendo88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry
i recently purchased a set of Beats Solo 3’s for my wife. She mentioned on a few occasions that every time she went to use them they were dead and needed charging. Thought that was strange as they are supposed to have great battery life and she had only used them for an hour or 2 each time.

So I tested them. Charged them to 100%. Then each morning turned them on and checked battery life and switched them straight back off. They were losing 10% battery per day (on average) whilst being turned off. In not much more than a week, they had gone from 100% to 0% without being used at all.

This isn’t right is it? Anybody experienced anything similar?

sird28

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
i recently purchased a set of Beats Solo 3’s for my wife. She mentioned on a few occasions that every time she went to use them they were dead and needed charging. Thought that was strange as they are supposed to have great battery life and she had only used them for an hour or 2 each time.

So I tested them. Charged them to 100%. Then each morning turned them on and checked battery life and switched them straight back off. They were losing 10% battery per day (on average) whilst being turned off. In not much more than a week, they had gone from 100% to 0% without being used at all.

This isn’t right is it? Anybody experienced anything similar?
Was it out in the cold? Beats Solo have a bad tendency to go dead or power down when in cold weather.