Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eahyndman3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2015
Mobile, AL
I have a pair of Beats Solo 3 with firmware version 5.9.9. When connected to my MacBook the Beats Updater.app states a firmware update to 7.0.8 is available but whenever I apply the update it does not take after finishing installing.

Is anyone else having this issue?

What is the current firmware for Beats Solo 3?

Thanks

Edward

RadioGaGa1984

Suspended
May 23, 2015
You don’t need the updater app. Connect them to an iOS device on iOS 10 and they will update automatically.

Last edited:
Reactions: chriscl

chriscl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
You don’t need the updated app. Connect them to an iOS device on iOS 10 and they will update automatically.

This is exactly what mine have done. If you try and use the "Beats Updater" app, it won't work.

And yes, the Beats website is not the most accurate here, even if you select Solo3, and then "Firmware Update" you can find yourself at the page intended for older models, which tell you to use the updater.

I would note though (and I only discovered this by accident today) it may be as a result of a recent update, but the Beats Updater doesn't recognise my Solo3 at all now (I still have the Updater for my old Powerbeats).

onslow1982

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2019
You don’t need the updater app. Connect them to an iOS device on iOS 10 and they will update automatically.
[doublepost=1549041502][/doublepost]when i want update my beats solo 3 decade do i need plug them in my iphone to update or bluetooth do it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.