Beats Solo2 Wireless vs Beats Studios Wired

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by unknown05, Jul 25, 2016.

?

Beats Solo2 Wireless vs Beats Studio Wires

Poll closed Aug 1, 2016.
  1. Beats Solo2 Wireless

100.0%
  2. Beats Studio Wired

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. unknown05 macrumors newbie

I have the choice of choosing between the Beats Solos2 wireless which are $199 and the Beats Studios (wired) which are $149. I like that the Studios probably sound better from what I've heard and plus they have noise cancellation. But I also like that the solos are wireless. Which one would you get and why??

2. R740 macrumors member

It depends on what you value more in your case. I have the Solo2 and if you don't want cables, still have a good sound quality and in my personal opinion better looking headphones - go for the Solos2. Studios may produce better sound quality, but you will have a wire and more bulky looking headphones. Its all up to you, but I would go with Solos2.

3. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I would get neither, given the choice, as I find the Beats brand lacking when compared to others. However, if you're dead set on getting one of the two you should ask yourself where you will be using them more. If you like to listen to music on the move then I'd opt for the wireless ones. If you listen to music mostly sitting down, or just would use them to watch movies I'd get the wired headphones. Heck, you could just decide based on whether you hate wires or not. Last thing to consider is the studios are over-ear while the solos are on-ear. Generally on-ear headphones are more comfortable to wear in my experience.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Neither. Overpriced plastic status symbols are unappealing to me. :D

5. R740 macrumors member

Ugh mate, the thread starter asked you to choose between the two, not to express your personal opinion about what is appealing and what is not to you.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Thanks, dad. It looks like it really made a difference with the results of the thread/poll. :cool:

7. cliffster82 macrumors regular

I know you already got headphones. I didn't see this until just now. As you now probably know, the Studio headphones emit a "hissing" noise (only way I can describe it). It probably doesn't affect how music sounds. But I had the Studios and found the hissing "noise cancellation" incredibly loud and strange and weird. I now have the Solo2 wireless and like them a lot, esp in space gray.