BEATS Speakers in 2017 iPhone 8, iPhone Pro

Pakaku

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2009
What's the point on such a tiny little phone? Or are you telling me the next iPhone+ will be that much wider?

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
My iPhone 7+ already has dual speakers, do you consider them illegitimate?
Agreed. Sure, they're not the greatest, but they are stereo. They blew away my brother-in-law's HTC One M9 stereo speakers the other day.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
No not the earpiece that's so weak sounding
What kind of sound were you expecting out of the earpiece ? Pulse pounding base? It gives the stereo speakers equal and balanced sound. The iPhone 7 stereo speakers are plenty loud. Why would Beats change anything over something Apple did with the stereo speakers.

xxray

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2013
Beats don't even sound that good though, why would you want them other than for the name brand? Also, Apple has never been one to distract from its products with name brand stuff included in them. All around would be a bad choice imo.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
the pool
What a trash point of how they should use Beats and the earpiece isn't loud

And how do I tell they're using Beats? Beats aren't the highest quality so I'm not sure how Beats would change the game

Last edited:

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
What a trash point of how they should use Beats and the earpiece is loud

And how do I tell they're using Beats? Beats aren't the highest quality so I'm not sure how Beats would change the game
Beats doesn't' need the the highest quality to support sufficient sound from a phone speaker, especially when you consider the minimized sound from such a small piece of hardware. And beats is more more of the widely adopted speakers used in multiple products aside from JBL. It doesn't need to be a game changer to have decent sound.

Last edited:

DUIduckSAUCE

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
I'm fine with beats speakers as long as the iPhone doesn't have a beats logo on it. A beats logo is probably the only thing that would keep me from buying the next iPhone.

Reactions: arkitect

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
the pool
Beats doesn't doesn't' need the the highest quality to support sufficient sound from a phone speaker, especially when you consider the minimized sound from such a small piece of hardware. And beats is more more of the widely adopted speakers used in multiple products aside from JBL. It doesn't need to be a game changer to have decent sound.
Right, maybe I don't understand your reply, but I'm not sure what value Beats would add;
to my knowledge they don't have some exclusive crazy speakers, so I'm not sure what they can do better than what's right now, which is not to say the speakers can't be improved on, but how could Beats improve it, other than a cheesy logo

Also updated 'is' to 'isn't' in the first "paragraph"

Last edited:

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Right, maybe I don't understand your reply, but I'm not sure what value Beats would add;
to my knowledge they don't have some exclusive crazy speakers, so I'm not sure what they can do better

Also updated 'is' to 'isn't' in the first "paragraph"
Not sure why my first post duplicated words. I'm Not necessarily condoning beats to be used for speakers in iPhones, I was just indicating that their quality isn't that bad, and they have more of a widespread exclusivity to other products, versus other competitors. But regardless, you can only achieve so much sound out of tiny speaker driver, which the current speakers on the 7/7+ are more than enough for adequate sound.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Beats audio is overrated...not a fan.

If Apple were to go with a branded speaker, I'd rather it be JBL...better balanced than the Beats.

(And for disclosure sake: I don't own either brand.)

Last edited:

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Why use Beats? They should put really great, tiny speakers in the iPhone. And because they're all tiny none of them are great.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Why use Beats? They should put really great, tiny speakers in the iPhone. And because they're all tiny none of them are great.
The stereo speakers in the iPhone 7 and 7+ have amazing sound compared to any other iPhone ever. They did put really good speakers in the iPhone 7, they may not be "Name brand" speakers, but 7 Plus speaker puts out very crisp/loud audio. To me, it's the most impressive feature on the iPhone 7 and 7+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.