Beats Studio 2.0 Wireless: iPhone Battery Life/Sound Quality

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DeanLubaki, Nov 16, 2014.

1. DeanLubaki, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014

DeanLubaki macrumors member

DeanLubaki

Hi,
    I'm looking to purchase Beats Studio 2.0. Wireless I currently have Beats Mixr and I wanted to know what are your opinions on the Beats Studio 2.0 Wireless: the sound quality and their battery life. And also if it's worth buying them for someone who has Beats Mixr.
    I also wanted to know if on the iPhone (6 Plus) the battery was draining quickly while listening to music with the Studio 2.0 Wireless.

Thanks!

2. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

So i had the Mixrs (black) for about a year. I loved the sound and the bass was great on them. Also, the feel of them being made of metal felt great. However, i wasnt a huge fan of the comfort level. They squeeze a little bit on my head, which actually wasn't that big of a deal on the head band, but for the earcups, they began to hurt my ears after only about 20-30 minutes of use.

I wasnt a fan of the on ear portion. So i decided to sell them and get the new studio 2.0 in white. They are infinitely more comfortable largely because they are over the ear style, but also have slightly thicker padding. I can wear the new studios for hours on end. They feel very quality despite being made of plastics. They redesigned them so they also don't look as clunky on your head as the originals. While the mixrs could get a lot louder and had more thumping bass, the new studios have plenty of bass response and the sound quality is significantly improved across the mids and highs. Vocals tend to have more depth and range, sounding much less muffled than before. I think the sound quality is excellent.

The battery life on the studios are rated to last about 20 hours and its pretty close to true. They also recharge relatively quickly so ive never had an issue running out of battery, and ive used them through some heavy stints.

Personally, i was instantly thrilled to have basically exchange the mixrs for new studios. The only negative for the first few hours was a decrease in that thumping bass response at lower listening levels on the studios. After a bit i realized that it improved the overall sound quality tho. Ive since forgotten about it since the bass is still very much there.

Personally, i would not go back. I love the beats line of headphones. Pick up the studios and try them, im sure you wont be disappointed.

3. bobright macrumors 601

Do you guys know where the Studios might be on sale this Black Friday? I saw the Solo HD but don't want those.

4. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

I've been looking a bit and it looks like best buy is gonna have the best overall deals for Black Friday on Beats products. It looks like the new studios are gonna be on sale for only $200 a pair ($100 off) and the sale starts thurs on thanksgiving at 6pm or something.

I was happy to pay the $300 I did (tho many will cry about that price for these), but I think it'd be tough to argue that $200 for these is not a great price.

The solo2s I think are going to be $150 and then everything else beats it on sale as well.

----------

Fwiw, I've contemplated even selling my studios and going for the wireless ones, but just don't need to right now. I do however use up to date Bluetooth speakers in my house and the affect on battery life really isn't that bad. I drain battery quicker using the web it seems. I would imagine you'd have no real issues with battery drain on the wireless studios.

5. bobright, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014

bobright macrumors 601

Wow I thought it was just the HD's on sale you're right it's near the end of their Black Friday that's pretty damn cheap I don't think they'll get much cheaper than that. That's pretty much what I wanted to pay for them no more than $200 it looks like I'm going to pull the trigger totally missed them, thanks for pointing it out. Lol

I do wonder like the OP though if it causes bad battery drain on your phone or if quality suffers because they aren't wired. Are the wired/wireless different as far as quality e.g. like the old Solo's to Solo2?

6. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

Yeah that's a damn good price if you ask me. I thought about getting a pair for the gym lol, but that's a little excess I'll be honest.

I've read some reviews of the wireless studios and it's said that the sound quality is pretty much the same. The battery drain is there but not too significant. Also, it still comes with a detachable audio cable so you can use that instead of Bluetooth as well.

7. DeanLubaki thread starter macrumors member

DeanLubaki

Thank you all for your feedbacks :)
    I'm definitely going to buy these, but I'll be waiting for the Black Friday! :)

8. arftech macrumors regular

arftech

I have this very headphone and I must say it sounds really, really good! The battery life suppose to extend 12 hours if you're using the headphones wirelessly and about 20 hours wired. I've never gone 12 hours straight but my charge has lasted at least three days of before being charged again. Let me repeat,... they're really, really good! :cool:

I also recommend that you purchase the CanOpener App. It's better than the stock player resident on the iPhone.

9. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

they're on sale at best buy for $199, all colors, i don't know how much the wireless will be, if they even are on sale but i know for a fact the wired studios are

10. bobright macrumors 601

Which ones wired or wireless and where are you getting them?

I wonder how much the wireless will be at Best Buy

11. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

The only thing I found about the price of everything else is that all beats products will be on sale for between 10-40% off. I would imagine there will be a decent discount on the wireless.

12. DeanLubaki thread starter macrumors member

DeanLubaki

The wireless :)