Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwazytech

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Colorado
I love Music and although it took a while, I really warmed up to Beats1. Lately, however, it's starting to sound very repetitive. I almost never hear my favorite bands. One would think their request show would remedy that but it's seriously the biggest joke on Beats1. I've been sending requests in daily for about a month, and all I ever hear is a re-hash of music played all day long. Am I only the only one who calls BS on this so called request show? I'd like to hear from people who like Beats1 because I know a lot of people here hate it.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I love Music and although it took a while, I really warmed up to Beats1. Lately, however, it's starting to sound very repetitive. I almost never hear my favorite bands. One would think their request show would remedy that but it's seriously the biggest joke on Beats1. I've been sending requests in daily for about a month, and all I ever hear is a re-hash of music played all day long. Am I only the only one who calls BS on this so called request show? I'd like to hear from people who like Beats1 because I know a lot of people here hate it.

Maybe too many people requested songs?

34 Volt

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
LA
I enjoy Beats1. But I think the problem is that they're trying to cater to everyone's music taste. Thats why I think Apple will soon introduce Beats2, Beats3, etc., to cater to maybe more specific genres, and have Beats1 be the "hits" channel.

cwazytech

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Colorado
Maybe too many people requested songs?

Maybe you're right. But I find it very hard to believe that the bulk of their audience is requesting music heard all day. If you ever listen to the Request show you'll find yourself wondering why they never seem to play something you've never heard.
[doublepost=1455641125][/doublepost]
I enjoy Beats1. But I think the problem is that they're trying to cater to everyone's music taste. Thats why I think Apple will soon introduce Beats2, Beats3, etc., to cater to maybe more specific genres, and have Beats1 be the "hits" channel.

I don't know about everyone's musical taste. People who love rock music would probably hate Beats1 in its current state.

34 Volt

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
LA
I don't know about everyone's musical taste. People who love rock music would probably hate Beats1 in its current state.

I discovered a few new songs from listening to Zane Lowe. The other DJ's play little rock music, or none at all. Or I just go back and go to his playlists and skim out rock songs i missed. Josh Homme was a guest DJ he played a lot of great songs, so there's also that. I just hope Apple does have channels dedicated to specific genres eventually.

Adam552

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2006
Liverpool, UK.
I did give Beats1 a try when it first came out and I completely understand what you mean, I didn't like anything that was being played so I stopped listening. I do think it's a case of splitting it up into different radio station channels.

Reactions: tonyr6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.