BeatsX are $100 at BB!

mdawid

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Do you guys think $119 is worth the price for these?
In my opinion - no. I recently picked up the Beats X in white from BB for $119.99 thinking for this price, plus $30 towards Apple Music/Store they'd be worth $89.99. After testing out for about 1/2 an hour, I came to the conclusion that the sound quality is sub-par. There's no bass which has always been signature for Beats By Dre. The overall quality sounded as if I was listening through a tin-can. I promptly returned them the next day. The Apple Airpods (in my opinion) sound much better.

Reactions: Fozzybadfeet

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
In my opinion - no. I recently picked up the Beats X in white from BB for $119.99 thinking for this price, plus $30 towards Apple Music/Store they'd be worth $89.99. After testing out for about 1/2 an hour, I came to the conclusion that the sound quality is sub-par. There's no bass which has always been signature for Beats By Dre. The overall quality sounded as if I was listening through a tin-can. I promptly returned them the next day. The Apple Airpods (in my opinion) sound much better.
To each their own, I am quite happy they arn't overpowering in bass like past beats products.

Rigby

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
In my opinion - no. I recently picked up the Beats X in white from BB for $119.99 thinking for this price, plus $30 towards Apple Music/Store they'd be worth $89.99. After testing out for about 1/2 an hour, I came to the conclusion that the sound quality is sub-par. There's no bass which has always been signature for Beats By Dre. The overall quality sounded as if I was listening through a tin-can.
My guess would be that the eartip you were using didn't create a proper seal. They do have quite a bit of bass (but thankfully it's not as heavy as it used to be on earlier Beats products I tried).
The Apple Airpods (in my opinion) sound much better.
The Airpods have considerably weaker bass, which is very obvious when compared directly.

imaginex20

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Yep. I felt the same way when I purchased the BeatsX awhile back and returned them immdediately. Powerbeats and AirPods are better IMO