BeatsX Sound Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by oOMezzaOo, Feb 13, 2017.

1. oOMezzaOo, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017

oOMezzaOo macrumors member

oOMezzaOo

Hi All,

I received by BeatsX today but i am having an issues where sound is only coming out of the left earbud. I have tried to pair with different devices and also reset them but the issue persists.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

2. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

I would reboot your phone and hopefully that might do the trick. If that does not work, I would exchange the headphones.

3. oOMezzaOo thread starter macrumors member

oOMezzaOo

I have spoken to tech support and they are sending me a box so i can return them.

Disappointing as its going to be at least a week or two until i get them replaced.

4. VodkaPear macrumors newbie

I received mine but have printing error on the earpiece.

the side with the controller suppose to be left but printed R.

while another side suppose to be right but printed L.

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

Read somewhere else that Beats-X has reversed.

6. mikef07 macrumors 6502

The side with the controller is on the left on mine and the headphone says L on that side.

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

My eyesight is bad....where is the L and R located?

8. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

On the inside of the cable right below the earpieces. It's hard to see on my black headphones unless you have good lighting.

Side with the microphone says L and the side without says R. I was wearing them wrong this whole time...but for some reason they didn't feel weird lol

9. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Thank you, now I see them. I couldn't find the L/R when I got them so I had no idea if I was wearing them correctly or not! I kept looking at the promotional images for clues.

10. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

Has anyone had issues when using them with their MacBook Pro? I watch a YouTube video and if I stop it, after about 5 or so minutes the headphones either auto disconnect or shut off

11. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Do you have to power them down when not listening or do they do it automatically?

12. VodkaPear macrumors newbie

Haha. i ordered 4 sets, only 1 set is affected.

13. oOMezzaOo thread starter macrumors member

oOMezzaOo

For the people who are interested, I'm still waiting for these to be replaced.

I rang them on the 13th February and arranged for them to be sent in for a service and was advised the whole process would take between 5-7 days. 7 Days past and no response so i gave them a call and was advised that the turnaround time is actually 7-10 days and not 5-7 days which was intially stated which was slightly annoying as i would have taken them to the store is i had known it would potentially be 10 days.

10 days have past and i am STILL waiting for them to be replaced.

I have spoken to them this morning and they said that they seemed to have got stuck somewhere in the system and that they would create a note to dispatch and that would take 2 days (not sure why) for them to get back to me so i have a scheduled call-back for Wednesday.

This is the first time i have used Apples repair service and i must say its been a bad experience so far. For how much they bang on about how great their customer service is its highly disappointing considering when my Bose headphones broke they were replaced with new ones even thought they were out of warranty within a week.

Ah well hopefully i will get more news later this week but who knows.

oOMezzaOo