Beautiful Things

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
Post a picture of something you think is beautiful, for whatever reason. It can be anything (person, object, etc). If you want, say why you think it is beautiful. :)

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
wow where to start...

heres the first thing i came across, delicate arch in arches national park in Utah, just behind the arch there the cliff DROPS OFF, its amazing an beautiful at the same time, i love going out west and cant wait to go back next summer...

Attachments

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
why speak of beauty, what could be more beautiful than these happy heroic dead who rushed like lions to the roaring slaughter. they did not stop to think, they died instead then shall the voice of liberty be mute!

(I take it there aren't that many poetry fans out there)

Scubajay

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2006
Great Totham, UK
I love my diving....everything about it is beautiful, and every now and then in the UK (where dreary weather was invented) I see something that just takes my breath away.

The Dover shot was taken after a dive on a German U-boat wreck and just topped off the day, and the other shot was taken after a dive on a 1920's Destroyer wreck. Perfect.:)

Brighton shot on the left, Dover shot on the right.

Attachments

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

Top of the world. Well, England at least.

edit- and another inside the valley-

Some poet from hundreds of years back described this place as "where the last of the Gods cling to the rocks".

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
wow where to start...

heres the first thing i came across, delicate arch in arches national park in Utah, just behind the arch there the cliff DROPS OFF, its amazing an beautiful at the same time, i love going out west and cant wait to go back next summer...
Believe it or not, but I've never been there. It's just a quick jog down the interstate (maybe 4-5 hours) even. I'll have to take a visit next year.

CarlsonCustoms

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2007
wow where to start...

I used to live in Moab, UT and this was a common sighting.. great site!!!

Zack