Beautiful Wallpapers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zepaw, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

2. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

http://Mantia.me

Really cool wallpapers, custom-tailored for iPhone/iPad. Less "beautiful picture" more "badass Jurassic Park logo"

Im using the Hitchhiker's Guide Thumb one! =D

3. Jinkst macrumors regular

4. jarvijarv macrumors regular

5. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

6. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

Looks like some people need to check the definition of the word "daily". One of those sites hasn't seen an update since April 14. And the one mentioned that has only 80 wallpapers that "look awesome"? Well, load a couple of those that have the subject of the image off to one side, then rotate your iPad from landscape to portrait, and then come back and tell us how awesome they look.

Wallpapers for the iPad are especially sensitive to layout due to the rotation of the wallpaper with the device. The subject of the wallpaper needs to be more or less in a 768x768 area in the center of a 1024x1024 image, otherwise it's going to get chopped in one or both screen orientations.

Luckily, there is a site that bothers to take this into consideration for most of their wallpapers, and actually does update daily...http://ipad-wallpapers.com They are up to 545 images as of today, and many of their wallpapers mysteriously seem to pop up on other sites soon after they post them.

7. warfa macrumors regular

can you install/download them with the iPad's browser? or do i have to email em to myself :)

8. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

You can save them to the iPad the same way you save images to an iPhone/iPod touch. Touch and hold your finger on an image you like, and a "Save Photo" dialog box pops up.

In the past, I read that image quality might be compromised by this process on the iPhone, but I'm not sure if that's the case with the iPad.

9. warfa macrumors regular

i knew you could do that but thats exactly what i was afraid of :)

10. LadyHoneyBabe macrumors 6502

Stuck In Customs

I love the photos from this website. The owner says you're free to use them, just not commercially. They are beautiful clear world traveler photos and look wonderful as wallpaper. I've downloaded over 100 photos from this site and have them stored in a cloud until I need them.

11. iPadwalls macrumors newbie

ipad backgrounds

Hi guys and girls,

I'm the owner of www.ipad-wallpapers.us

As someone mentioned above, everything on the iPad wallpaper needs to be in the center in the 768x768px. Since we just changed our Twitter backgrounds from www.twitterevolutions.com before iPad got out, and they are all left aligned we needed to adjust a few of them to look good on iPad.

It was a real pain but now all wallpapers looks really great! Feel free to browse our growing gallery.

12. StBDawg macrumors regular

Anyone know where to get some nice HD Iron Man 2 iPad Wallpapers?

13. Pared macrumors 65816

Oh yeah, you're certainly not pimping the site at all. From ripping another link to you sig, you might as well just PM the entire forum while you're at it.

What is that link again?

14. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

15. Pared macrumors 65816

16. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

Don't mention it. There's always a few mule-headed people who like to cut their noses off to spite their face.

(but we both know where you'll still likely go for your iPad wallpaper needs, whether you'll admit it or not) ;)

17. Aduntu macrumors 6502a

Aduntu

Actually, that site is a cluster**** on the iPad (and I certainly won't use it on a desktop). It's not as amazing as you think.

18. Pared macrumors 65816

He's too busy pimping the site to even notice. Let him stay in his bliss.

19. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

Pics or it never happened. :D

20. nordicappeal macrumors regular

nordicappeal

21. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Great thread. Definitely needed this for my iPad 2.