Became a new member to the Apple Community today

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bt22, Dec 26, 2009.

1. bt22 macrumors 6502

Well I finally got my first Mac today. I decided to start off with the 13" Macbook Pro. I know a lot of people recommended to wait on this purchase, but i have been using my new computer about an hour now and i must say i am very happy so far. I have been wanting a Mac for years now, ever since I got my 5th Gen iPod. So far I could not be happier. :)

I felt like the Pro in it's current configuration was plenty for me. Hopefully this will not be my last Mac.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It's an amazing computer. I love mine. Enjoy it. :D I'm sure it won't be your last.

3. celticpride678

Congrats on your new purchase. You won't regret it!

4. flakes8 macrumors regular

flakes8

Welcome Aboard, I am a recent convert to Mac & I LOVE IT !!!! I too bought a MBP !!!! :)

5. firewater macrumors regular

6. KyPosey macrumors regular

KyPosey

7. SubZer0 macrumors member

I received my first Mac for Christmas as well. Upgrade or no coming the in future, I am ecstatic! My wife totally surprised me with this. Knowing that I wanted a new laptop, she on her own went out and purchased my 13" MacBook Pro 2.53 with 4 gigs of ram. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I would have been happy with the base model. She just figured that I could use a little more power. I have already set it up with Windows 7 Home Premium (I still need some windows stuff) and everything I need to be productive. This is one fine piece of equipment, not a single flaw and well built.

I hope you enjoy your new Mac as much I as am enjoying mine.

Cheers,

Mark

8. bt22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. I have been coming to this site for some time getting help with my other Apple products. I am very proud to be a member of this community. I think I enjoy the community of Mac as much as I do my actual Mac. I have always gotten great help here and Mac's have a unique community that no matter how hard Microsoft tries to copy they cannot copy this. Thanks

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Welcome!

Even though I'm a windows PC and server tech by trade I made the switch 2 years ago when it became painfully obvious windows wasn't capable of doing what I needed in a computer so I hesitantly switched to mac thinking I made a very expensive mistake...

...boy was I wrong. Now I don't even own a windows machine and have since switched my whole family and some of my friends to mac. I couldn't be happier :)

10. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

Curious to know what you were struggling to get accomplished under windows.

Personally, I was long-time UNIX admin who never embraced windows. Went from DOS to OS/2 to Linux and only begrudgingly allowed the wife a windows install (kids all used Linux as well). I had been semi-interested in OS X once it was released due to its UNIX roots (had no use whatsoever for MacOS prior to that), however, the cost of the systems were a stumbling block for me. It was the release of the (then) sub-$500 Mac mini that finally made me take the plunge, and I never looked back.

11. DaReaper macrumors member

12. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

i've been using a MBP for about 14 months now and I never missed windows and the rest of the PC world. Now when I am forced to use a PC at a library or something, it's like i'm on some horribly outdated prehistoric device - like a rotary phone. It's an apt analogy because there are all these extra steps to do stuff in windows.