Because of the iPad 2..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Halamire, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Halamire macrumors regular

Halamire

Random any pretty much my first post here, but because of this device I was able to hang out with Boys Like Girls...
    How? Well I brought it to the concert they played at my school to test out the video recording and my friends were like "hey, let me use this to write a message so they can read it".. Well long story short, we wrote the message, they saw it, after the concert I picked them up in my car and we partied.. Ha just thought I'd share...

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

This is what happens when 14 year olds get iPads.

3. Halamire thread starter macrumors regular

Halamire

Haha I'm an 18 year old guy, I wasnt even going to go, but hell I'd say what we did but it's not really appropriate or legal

4. THFourteen macrumors 6502

5. Fliesen, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011

Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

oooooh, 'Boys Like Girls' ... that's a band, right?
    (being Austrian and not into that pop punk emo stuff, i've never heard of them, sorry ;) )

... now that makes SOME sense.

'i was able to hang out with boys like girls' sounded sort of weird to me ;)

i bet those guys party hard ;)

6. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

I saw them when they were weren't too big and playing with the format. Got to hang out with them since my friends were also in the line up that night. Nice group of guys. I have to admit, I'm only 23 and I hate how camera phones/point and shooters have ruined the concert experience and performance art in general. I can only imagine how annoying it would be if more people bring iPads to these events. Jmho though, it's cool you were able to hang with them nevertheless.

7. mattkap macrumors member

Because of my ipad2 I was able to meet Steve Perry from Journey fame. He was working at the Auntie Anne's next to the Apple store.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

9. danistyping macrumors regular

Accurate.

I toured with Boys Like Girls last summer, and I have never played with a band that spends more time doing hair and makeup before their set.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I was wondering the same thing:eek:

But then saw it was the name of the band:p

Sounds like the iPad got you all together!;)

11. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

that'd be ... KISS? ;)

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My brain hurts because of this post. Why would anyone bring an iPad to a concert. Man times have changed since I was a teenager going to concert.

13. Halamire thread starter macrumors regular

Halamire

I had nothing better to do, I go to a college that's in a town of like 5000 people. The opening act was HelloGoodbye and they were so boring. During their set I was on Facebook and what not, so the iPad came in handy ha