bed side lighting

zoran

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Does anyone have an idea on which lighting is this shown in the picture above the bedside box? Id really appreciate any help on this issue or even a suggestion for any other lighting close to that look n feel :)

thehomeissue_enallaktikakomodina06.jpg

Gregg2

macrumors 603
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Have you tried showing the image to people at a lighting store? You know, a building where lights are sold...
Those people work with light fixtures every day, and might be able to show you similar ones that they (or you) can order.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Thanks for the suggestion, yes i have tried :)
Try visiting a number of stores, and chatting to the people who work there (who tend to be lighting enthusiasts), and getting a sense for the sort of thing you like; ask them for suggestions - as other products may exist that are similar to what you have in mind.

mollyc

macrumors 68020
Aug 18, 2016
A Google image search of the photo eventually took me to an Apartment Therapy article that I believe hosted the original photo; unfortunately while the text is still available, the photos have been removed. The article linked Crate & Barrel as the source for the sconces. They are no longer available in the polished silver finish, but C&B has it in a bronze finish.

You want a wall sconce and I think if you show someone in a lighting store the C&B images, but specifiy you want a silver finish (assuming you do), they can help you find something similar. Or you could get the exact fixture in a different finish. :)

zoran

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
A Google image search of the photo eventually took me to an Apartment Therapy article that I believe hosted the original photo; unfortunately while the text is still available, the photos have been removed. The article linked Crate & Barrel as the source for the sconces. They are no longer available in the polished silver finish, but C&B has it in a bronze finish.

You want a wall sconce and I think if you show someone in a lighting store the C&B images, but specifiy you want a silver finish (assuming you do), they can help you find something similar. Or you could get the exact fixture in a different finish. :)
Thank you dear Sherlock!!!! :D

Reactions: mollyc

jeyf

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2009
i have an antique brass wall mounted lamp that folds out. Had it since I was very young so not likely to replace it.
but
there is a couple of mid century antique shops i frequent and they always seems to have one better.

i find a 3w led 5000K a19 light bulb is the best