BeeJive 3.0 (push) to be out today sometime

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ksmith80209, Jun 18, 2009.

1. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

No where in their article does it say that. You're assuming because they were told by Beejive that it would be out by now but Beejive was just making an estimate based on previous review times.

2. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

I don't think the op is assuming anything. It says on that site that beejive should be out today some time. He's only reiterating what it says. Hardly his assumption.

3. ksmith80209 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks - you're correct. I was just trying to point out the review & that TC says today sometime.

4. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

No, it doesn't say that. It says:

Not sure how you guys are translating that to TechCrunch are saying "The app will be available later today" as if they know this.

Beejive likely gave them them the ad hoc copy of Beejive a few days ago and Beejive assumed it would be out by now, hence why TechCrunch made that comment.

Beejive very well could come out today but that article is not claiming that it will.

5. HBK Carl macrumors member

HBK Carl

apple still haven't approved it, for the first time the app store approvals are starting to annoy me

6. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

well hopefully you're right and it comes out today. if not. we'll just have to wait.

i'm hoping for IM+, Facebook and Tweetie to all come out an hour after Quickpwn comes out for 3.0. Who cares. i'll hide youtube :)

7. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Doesn't YouTube still work on properly activated iPhones??

8. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Kwjohns. Who are you quoting here "The app will be available later today"

neither of us said it. All I said was according to the site it "should" be up today.

9. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

Can you read the title of the thread?

10. MikeTadd Guest

I am really waiting for beejive. This is the best IM app for the iphone, got on with it alot more than the others. And the push used to work good when i still had my mac.com email address

Push has been a need for so long for IM! Facebook too!

11. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Looking forward to this. It really is the only reason I care about push anyway.

12. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

The Facebook developer has already said that it will be the end of June or later before he gets an update out. I wouldn't expect it to come any day now. BeeJive, however, should be out any minute now. They've already said it was submitted a week ago.

13. HBK Carl macrumors member

HBK Carl

I hope your right Mr. I can hang on for facebook, a "real" IM client is a must have on a smartphone. Hurry up apple for gods sake!

14. GreenLightJerky macrumors member

I am waiting patiently!
    Glad I have unlimited texts to handle all the IM alerts though!
    Wonder what other features are coming in the BIG 3.0 update!?

15. donm527 macrumors member

Why doesnt beejive support skype? otherwise i like beejive but without skype i use im+

16. The General macrumors 601

Now you're just splitting hairs. :rolleyes:

17. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

No, the OP is getting people's hopes up with the thread title when it hasn't been confirmed that it will be out today by anyone.

18. outz macrumors 6502

Where in his post does it say he's splitting hairs? He says nothing about hair! Hair could be involved, but it looks to me you're just assuming!

:p

19. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I'm just going to take this opportunity to point out that the name of the forum is MacRumors. All the OP was trying to convey it that rumor has it Beejive 3.0 will be out today. Relax. It isn't a competition to see who is right.

I really hope it is sooner rather than later. While the text updates are pretty nice, I would really really like to get this thing running on push.

20. Flipstar macrumors member

I'm going to go ahead and say, no IM apps are going to be released this week.

I think they'll be out next week or later as Apple gauges their push server load after the new iPhone weekend.

21. macfan881 macrumors 68020

thats my guessing too i dont think the want a repeat of mobileme/3G launch

22. Almy macrumors 6502

The OP states pretty clearly: "BeeJive 3.0 (push) to be out today sometime"

I haven't yet seen where that was seen. Beejives own meassage board says they don't know when it will be released.

23. Zman3001 macrumors member

"It took a few days longer than expected for OS 3.0 to go live and for Beejive to get approved, but we’re told it should be live in the app store by the time this review goes up (if it hasn’t already).
    Update: As of 12:10 PM on June 18th, it’s not available yet"

From the article. Read critically.

24. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I'm really hoping BeeJive 3.0 will be released sometime soon. Having push notifications will be a more than welcome addition.