beejive and backgrounder

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tjespo22, Dec 11, 2008.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

anyone get it to work properly? it works sometimes but then wont work and it says its still enabled. thanks
    espo

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Same problem here. Sometimes it works then it just stops working:(

3. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

work fine for me, if you're on wifi you need insomnia

4. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

not on wifi though. what happens is say i turn it on and enable it. then i go to home screen. ill i.m myself from my friends phone or whatever and the little bubble will say 1,2,3etc however many ims i have then if i check them then go back to home screen it wont work anymore but when i go back in to make sure it was enabled still, it was but didnt work.

5. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

maybe i have the backward compatible package installed? not sure but mine's working fine.

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

From what I've read, that's caused by Beejive crashing in the background and Backgrounder not knowing the original instance is no longer running. If you background Beejive it works fine, but if you open Safari or something and browse a bit, the amount of memory it takes up with cause Beejive to crash. Someone was working on a script that would automatically check for crashed backgrounded apps and restart them, but nothing ever came out of that I don't think.

If I background Beejive and don't use any other apps at all, it will work for a very long time. If I background it and then use Mail, Safari, Facebook, it no longer works in the background unless I reboot the phone. It's a memory issue (part of the reason Apple doesn't want background processes).

7. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

ahh i see.... i don't use anything else except listen to ipod and put in my pocket.