Beejive IM + limera1n

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by qpid360, Oct 11, 2010.

1. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

I'm not sure if limera1n caused this but everytime I try to log on, the app crashes. Anyone else having this issue?

2. kre62 macrumors 68000

Limerain is just a jailbreak. That means it elevates user privileges, allowing people to install unsigned apps. Compatibility issues are most likely due to you now being on 4.1 rather then the type of jb used.

3. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

The problem is it worked fine prior to the jailbreak. So I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not. I also tried reinstalling and it still didn't work.

4. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

5. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

Damn. I really don't want to have to restore.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

7. Sixth Street macrumors member

Likewise, no problems with beejive on limera1n'd iphone 4 on 4.1

8. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

Wow, I'm so pissed. I restored and reapplied the jailbreak. It worked fine until I set up Facebook account, at which point, it started having the same issue.

Two hours burned. All my game saves gone. Damn it.

9. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

AppBackup. One of the best programs ever.

10. qpid360 thread starter macrumors 6502

qpid360

I'm still wondering what the hell is causing this. E-mailed them for a response.

11. elmaynardo macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem here. iPhone 4, iOS 4.1, limera1n, legitimately purchased BeeJiveIM. Seen a few other posts like this one across the web but doesn't seem like anyone's found a working solution yet.

12. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Ppl with problem please make sure you're using stock fonts. If you change fonts, you will not be able to log in, the app will crash back to spring board. Either beejive have to update something or the fonts have to be port a different way. I had the same problem too until I change back to the stock fonts.

13. dragonc12 macrumors member

dragonc12

Having the same problem with beejive crashing as well as Bejeweled 2.

But the changing the fonts makes sense now that you say it. I'm going to try changing it back to stock and see if that works...even though I hate the stock font :(

14. cdrwinston macrumors regular

I'm jb using limerain and I don't have any problems with bh. But it was crashing on me before I jb with limerain I was also jb before on 4.0. I tried removing and reinstalling still no go. Then it just started working after I installed meebo. I think it was a bh problem.

15. elmaynardo macrumors newbie

Make sure Bejeweled isn't being themed by winterboard. I was having the same problem with all popcap games until I disabled theming for those games.

16. dragonc12 macrumors member

dragonc12

Wow. Yep that did the trick. Deleted the bejeweled bundle folder in winter board and now it works fine. I do have a white icon now but whatever. I wonder what causes that...

17. elmaynardo macrumors newbie

That icon should come back after you respring or reboot. You could also try clearing the icon cache (/var/mobile/Library/Caches/<icon cache folder>, delete the contents of the folder, not the folder itself) if it still doesn't work.

Tried replacing my system fonts with the defaults, BeeJive still crashes.

18. Solange82200 macrumors regular

I have an I4, on 4.1 jailbroken with Greenpoison, and am using a purchased copy of Beejive just fine. There must be some other program or hack interfering with it on yours...

19. NEvolution macrumors regular

20. derek420 macrumors member

Yep I'm having the same problem..i4/4.1/Limera1n and it crashes whenever I try to change my status. I actually just noticed it today..I believe it was working yesterday. Really annoying seeing as how I use that app frequently, and from what I can remember Beejive Inc isn't too great as far as customer service goes :/

21. elmaynardo macrumors newbie

I finally got it to work today! It really was a problem with the fonts. Apparently the Helvetica font files were changed from 4.0.1 to 4.1 somehow. I'd been replacing with stock fonts from 4.0.1.

Here's the Helvetica files from 4.1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2223851/Helv4.1.zip

Finally, beejive works again. On the other hand, we're stuck looking at Helvetica again.

22. derek420 macrumors member

For those who care, Beejive will only crash if you replace the HelveticaNeue.ttc font, you can replace the Helvetica.ttc font and the app still works.