Beejive IM-not working so hot?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fondo890, Jun 23, 2009.

1. fondo890 macrumors newbie

I'm new to Beejive, but it seams a little unstable to me. For some reason, it keeps signing me off and sending me a notification says I was signed off. I also frequently get IMs saying my screen name was signed on from another location, usually after I resign back on. Anyone else seeing anything similar? Do you know what's wrong or how this can be fixed?

2. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I was worry about that and for $9.99 and no refund, it's too risky for me.

3. ajpprc macrumors member

Yeah, same problem here. Let's face it, the whole push notification thing is a kludge that we have to live with until Apple finally deigns to give us real background apps.

4. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

Mine was like this untill I had yahoo no longer sign me into chat during webmail, and facebook does not auto sign me in....

Simply put don't log into any other pace when beejive is active!

5. fondo890 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the thing is it doesn't seam to be Apple's problem or anything to do with push. It seams to be more that Beejive can't keep me signed on. I bought AIM on 2.0 but then deleted it for Beejive since it had Facebook IM also. I'm going to try AIM and see if that's better at least for now. Because when I am online, it does seam to be pushing...

6. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

***seem***

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i've had some trouble with beejive the last couple months. i sign on fine, close the app, and beejive just won't reconnect. it tries, and it tries, and it tries, all to no avail. it's not all the time, but it's enough to question the purchase.

8. felixxiano macrumors newbie

Are you guys sure about this? I just looked at the reviews for this application at the Apple Store, and I can't seem to find a lot of people with the same problem. Most ratings are 5 stars.

Can others please let me know how this application is working?

Thanks,

9. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I've heard the problem is with Yahoo! and not Beejive. I've been using Beejive since it came out and this is the first time its had any major issues. I'm confident these guys will get it together soon, they really are a class act, so no worries.

10. fondo890 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK let me rephrase... I don't see how it can be Apple's fault, since it is Beejive connecting with the AIM and Facebook servers. I'm using AIM now and it appears to be working fine, although I haven't tried it for too long yet.

11. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Same here, I got Beejive since their first week of release and I've been using it throughout the day till now. They're already informed about the Yahoo problem, so far what I'm doing is trying not to log-in at any device with Yahoo. Otherwise, it works effortless.

12. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

13. fondo890 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah ha! It was on session time out for 20 minutes! Thanks!!

14. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I have the same problem with it signing me off and I have some problems with the program crashing on me a lot

15. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

Since yahoo is up, and I have figure out how to keep myself logged in for 24 hours :) its wonder full!

16. sziehr macrumors 6502a

I have had the connection of doom spiral tonight. I think alot of people are slamming there servers as well as the push servers. I expect this to return to normal very soon. Think about it before you got an email clicked back in it refreshed you got the message responded closed. It then took another 1 min to get another e-mail if you logged out. Now with push you get them in about 2 seconds it drags you into the app and does a refresh. This is a dramatic difference in load on there servers. Cause people can respond close out and repeat alot more frequently.