Beejive on iPhone Vs. the other apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Mar 30, 2009.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Since their attempt to fight piracy the app went more pricy. I was wondering if Beejive is the best msn app out there or there is a better one. Or if the second best sucks, what are the main differences? Should i get beejive or another app?

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

More expensive? It's on sale until the 31st!! Get it whilst it's cheap!

Best IM App by far. And I've tried a few. Well worth the current £5.99.

3. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Ehh it says 15.99 on my itunes

4. ijohnw macrumors regular

beejive is the best im app out there..and they continue to improve it...you really can't go wrong with you are a big instant messenger

5. randomusername macrumors 6502

Never tried BeeJive. Only AIM and IM+. I suggest staying away from AIM and AIM+. They're filled with adds, they screwed up my contacts, and there are limited features. I use IM+ and love it. It has a landscape keyboard, it's less buggy, it has no connectivity issues, you can select from a list of smilies, and send pictures/locations/audio files.

6. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

They just lowered it to 9.99 again.

If you use IM a ton, AND, you have your email set on PUSH, then the app is pretty useful.

However, if you do NOT have your email set to PUSH, then really, the app is a waste. At least, at the moment it is.

If BeeJive is closed on your phone, it just emails you your IMs. So, no PUSH means no Instant Messaging. Sure, you will get an email eventually that says someone tried to IM you, but what is the point in that? That isnt instant messaging.

However, one MIGHT want to get it now, while it is on sale, because given how good the program is now, you have to assume they are going to provide a 3.0 update to take advantage of the Apple push server or whatever they are implementing.

But that is just an assumption, and we know what assume means. :D

7. davelanger macrumors 6502a

8. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

You don't need to have it email the alerts to your email but email it to your phone as a text. Example 1234567889@txt.att.net (where the numbers is your phone number ;include area code of course).

It is instantaneous! and has never failed me:D

9. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I have this set-up too. Works beautifully.

10. tweeg macrumors member

Why does everybody think meebo is gonna be that great ?

11. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Because Apple said so. And things aren't great until Apple says so. ;) MMS for example...

12. cdp1276 macrumors member

cdp1276

I agree, I think BeejiveIM is the best. I've used it on the Blackberry for years too. Very stable and allows me to connect to 7 different chat clients all at once and works perfectly. Even do file transfers and other advanced features, which as everyone says they keep advancing the product.

13. SuperKat macrumors regular

Thanks

Thanks for the e-mail idea w/ the phone number. I'll give it a shot.
    Will that give me the cell phone icon next to my name on other people's buddy list too?

14. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Brilliant!!! :)

Of course, now my wife hates you cuz I am about to go spend yet another 10 bucks on this phone. :D

15. kicko macrumors 65816

thanks for the suggestion guys...really smaht

16. mrtune macrumors 6502a

For those complaining about the price. Be lucky you don't own a blackberry. They charge $20 for use on one phone (need to rebuy if you get a new phone) and $30 so you can transfer the license to any future blackberry you buy. Given its cost, blackberry users still rave over it's stability and ease of use and prefer it to the free stuff. It's a fantastic all in one messaging program.

It's a steal for those on an iPhone.