BeeJive - servers offline?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kis, Jun 24, 2009.

1. kis macrumors 65816

Ok, after some initial success, BeeJive has now started to crap out on me as well. When I start the app, the progress indicator starts to spin and won't stop. Can't send any messages - it tells me "Send Message Error - Reconnect in progress..."

what gives?

Peter

2. vega07 macrumors 65816

3. Interpolation macrumors regular

I have a similar problem. I woke up this morning and my notification said I had 4 new messages. Tried to logging and just got the spinning wheel. After a while it just said cannot connect to servers.

Think they are having major problems.

4. lovelost macrumors newbie

lovelost

Yes inconsistent results for me too using Yahoo in particular. Will work fine for a little while, then I might get a timeout, or the spinning wheel of doom, or a "503" error code message. Little frustrating...

Keep having to go back to IM+ to pick up messages...

5. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Spinning wheel on accounts view at the moment... No word on Twitter other than the resolved Yahoo issues last night.

6. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

Same here. It's telling me: 'cannot connect to host' :mad:

Too many people have bought the app after 3.0 was released.

7. kis thread starter macrumors 65816

well, it's definitely not quite the SMS replacement I had hoped it'd be.

Anyway - they seem to have pulled it from the app store altogether now - it's still listed but when I try to download it, it says it's no longer available...

peter

8. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

I think they've changed the price and that's why it's giving us an error if we try to re-download it.

9. lovelost macrumors newbie

lovelost

Wondering if they're trying to pull some trick to get the bug fix version up by dropping the current one? Or begging the reviewers to prioritise it...?

10. Interpolation macrumors regular

From what I read on their forum they have submitted 3.0.1 to apple. This is meant to fix some things like crashes, but where it fixes the connection issues I do not know.

11. kis thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, if it has to go through Apple's normal approval process it'll be weeks until it's released. IM+ has been submitted days before 3.0 was released and is still not available in the store.

Peter

12. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Because their servers are down temporarily and you have to revert to just SMS? Up to now, it has been more than reliable, very quick and has done the job. It's early days and a few outages will undoubtedly occur.

13. vega07 macrumors 65816

reminds me of the mobilechat debacle.

speaking of mobilechat, what the hell happened to it? I requested my 2.99 back but NEVER GOT IT. I am pissed.

14. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Ah, I was going to say I had access to it still as I can see it, but I've not tried downloading again.

15. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

The error it's giving me when I try to re-download Beejive. It basically says:

The availability of the item has changed whiled you were using the store. It's possible that the same item is available with a different price or in a different section of the store.

Attached Files:

16. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Same here, the biggest rip-off ever. Naturally we have to make do, as Apple don't allow refunds (even if the app is not as described or unfit for purpose).

17. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

I requested a refund but all I got was 3 credits to buy songs. Yes, songs, not for use with apps!

18. kis thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, the PN version has only been out for 2 days. And since then it has been anything but reliable. I haven't had connection issues until this morning - on my wife's iPhone she got disconnected yesterday evening already and during the day messages sporadically wouldn't arrive.

I agree, the technology is new and I'll give them some time to sort things out. I just have the lingering feeling that the push notification system in general is patchwork at best that's never going to work reliably.

Peter

19. vega07 macrumors 65816

check out www.mobilech.at.

"under new ownership" it says...LMAO. too late, don't you think?

20. Interpolation macrumors regular

It might be that they do not want new people buying something that does not work currently, waiting to fix these current issues and then once they have it stabilised putting it back on the appstore.

21. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

22. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Me too, hopefully everything is resolved.

23. Interpolation macrumors regular

Yep same for me. Only problem I now have is it tells me I have 4 notifications but there are no new messages, and cannot get the damn icon to reset itself.

Got someone to send me a test message and that fixed the notifications.

24. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Following some information on Twitter and me looking... I can confirm that in the UK at least, Beejive no longer exists on the App Store. Not sure why though.

25. kilobytedump macrumors member

Back now for me too. They did the right thing removing it from sale while the addressed the issue.

I had a bug with one of my apps and did similar immediately.